I came across this 31 Days of Prayer for America from PRAYER CENTRAL today. As our nation & the Kennedy family in particular, grieve this day, I am reminded how we must UNITE & PRAY HUMBLY for our nation. I believe also that there is much need for prayer for the USA but it is also necessary for us to REPENT! As I read this quote, I believe our former President forgot to add, stand firm in prayer in his statement...and those of us, Christians, MUST, as we trust in GOD still!!!
There is a prayer and verse for each day of the month to focus on for our Nation. Daily the Presidential Prayer Team sends me a devotional called "Deeper with God" and each week I receive concerns for prayer. Here's the conclusion from today's:
When you pray for your country, remember that He knows the beginning and the end.
Ask for His hand to guide you as you intercede…and for His great right hand to firmly hold you,
the President and the nation as His plans are fulfilled by His wisdom and knowledge.
This is a great daily guide to lift at least one prayer for our nation & those in leadership in our government. I cannot emphasize enough that now is the time to be on our knees, crying out to God, to save us & spare us & forgive us for not being in PRAYER! I am doing my part by sharing this call to PRAYER, not just in time of crisis, or on PRAYER DAY but every day. We need to stay in His WORD & pray & claim His Word for this nation to truly have FREEDOM, the kind that Jesus Christ offers & gave us. Thank You, Lord Jesus!
31 Days of Prayer for America
1. Let all of America fear the Lord. Let all the inhabitants of the United States stand in awe of Him. Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, and the people whom He has chosen as His own inheritance. (Psalms 33:8, 12)
2. We bless our President and ask that You would pour out upon him the wisdom and counsel in needs to direct the affairs of this nation. (Psalms 89:21)
3. Lord, act in Your own displeasure toward those who would strike terror into the earth. (Ezekiel 32:22-25; Psalms 7:11-16) Root out and bring terrorists to justice. Please show mercy, expose and thwart terrorist schemes. Grant wisdom, discernment and protection to all in authority working to prevent terrorist attacks.
4. We pray that You would give Your wisdom to those who would preside in our courts of justice. Let all judges and those who work in our court system seek to preserve justice in a fair and impartial way according to Your statutes. (Proverbs 2:6-8)
5. Grant wisdom and courage to all those who serve in our Congress and all elected officials across this country. Let them not be distracted from governing by the lure of money, power or fame. Encourage them to always stand for what is right and to faithfully serve those who have put their trust in them. (Ecclesiastes 8:1-5)
6. Let those who serve our country in the military not rely solely upon the strength of their weapons and intelligence, but first turn to You, Lord, the source of all wisdom and strength. Raise up men and women of faith among all ranks of the military and give them opportunity to witness to their fellow soldiers. (Matthew 8:5-12)
7. We agree with You, Jesus, that the Church will be one, as You are one with the Father. Heal any divisions that exist between pastors and their congregations, and between denominations. Let our nation see the Body of Christ united in love for one another and toward those whom You have come to save. (John 17:21)
8. Lord, return the state of marriage to a place of honor in our country. We praise You for sturdy marriages that model Your commitment to the Church. Let hope and healing now come to those marriages that are strained and breaking. (Hebrews 13:4)
9. Father, let our earthly fathers look to You as the ultimate spiritual head of the family, and serve their families by carrying the responsibility for the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of their wives and children.Bring absentee fathers to a faith and radical life-change. Let Your character be clearly seen in the lives of all fathers.(Ephesians 6:4)
10. We ask you Lord, to refresh mothers in the honor of fulfilling the glory of motherhood. Strengthen them with grace, wisdom, and love in serving their husbands and children. Let mothers would reflect Your own love and nurturing nature. (Proverbs 31:25-26, 28)
11. Thank You that You are father to the fatherless and husband to the widow. Restore our broken families with Your wholeness and let them turn to You for all spiritual, emotional and physical needs. (Psalms 146:8-9)
12. We pray that our children will come to know You as Lord and Savior early in their lifetime. We pray that they would participate fully in establishing your kingdom here on earth.
13. We agree with Your word, Lord, that You are instructing our children and great will be their peace in the land. (Isaiah 54:13)
14. Let the unborn be protected. We affirm their personhood and we honor them as unborn citizens. Rescue them from the atrocity and violent death by abortion. Convict of transgression, forgive and heal those who repent of committing abortion. (Psalms 72:12, 14)
15. Lord, we implore you to make our schools a place where our children can learn in physical, emotional and spiritual safety. Give them godly teachers who encourage them and are dedicated to them. Give them the support systems at home and at school that would enable them to achieve great things in Your Name. (Luke 6:40)
16. Strengthen and encourage those in the media who are willing to stand for Your truth and practice honest, fair and accurate reporting. Convert or remove those who would use the media to put forth their own selfish agendas and proclaim their lies and distortions. Give discernment to all who know and love You to be able to sift through the untruths and rely on Your steadfast Word. (Proverbs 4:24-26)
17. We praise and thank You that you give us the arts as a way to worship and glorify Your Name. Let godly men and women now come forth in the arts and entertainment fields who will seek to share your gospel message through their creative endeavors. (Proverbs 14:34)
18. Lord, bring genuine reconciliation to the races of this nation. Remove longheld prejudices, hatreds and hurts and replace them with Your healing love and fellowship. Bring peace, friendship and equal opportunity to all peoples and cultures. (Ephesians 2:14-16)
19. Thank You that You do not forget prisoners and those who are homeless and needy. Stir up Your heart of compassion in each of us and send Your Spirit to guide us as we reach out to those less fortunate. (Psalms 107:41)
20. Restore our abandoned inner cities to communities of safety, prosperity and hope. Save and encourage those caught in cycles of poverty, sickness, addiction, brokenness and despair. (Isaiah 58:12)
21. Lord, grant the people of America Sabbath rest. Thank You that there remains therefore a rest for the people of God. Help all be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall into disobedience. (Hebrews 4:9-11)
22. Lord, let all exhausted laborers in our land come to You, find salvation, and find rest for their souls. For Your yoke is easy and Your bur- den is light. Comfort those in jail and prison, Lord. (Matthew 11:18-30)
23. Lord, bring the Word of God to bear on the hearts and minds of those who make public policy in America. (Psalms 19:7-11; John 8:31,32) Continue to grant opportunity for a Biblical world view and principles into the public discourse. (Ephesians 3:10)
24. Shield and deliver our nation from occultism, New Age cults, false religions and secret societies. (Isaiah 1:29; 2:6)
25. In mercy, reveal Yourself to those who do not even seek after You, those who have turned away, those who are ignorant of their own need for Your saving grace in their lives. (Romans 10:20; Isaiah 65:1)
26. Reverse the trends of humanism and socialism in our nation. (1 Chronicles 12:32; Isaiah 59:15)
27. Help us to be a nation that desires purity and avoids debauchery, pornography, perversion, drunkenness, drug use and gambling. (1 Corinthians 6:9-20; Titus 2:12)
28. Grace and enable us, Lord, to travail until the fullness of Jesus Christ is birthed in this next generation of Americans. (Galatians 4:19)
29. Send forth more consecrated individuals to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to every nation. Bring in the harvest, Lord. (Acts 1:8; 4:33)
30. Lord, help us to live our lives so that all are prepared to give an account to Almighty God. (Hebrews 9:27)
31. Now to Him who is able to keep us from falling, and to present us faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen. (Jude 1:24-25)
GOD BLESS AMERICA and BRING COMFORT to those today in mourning for the loss of Senator Ted Kennedy, his family, loved ones and friends throughout the world.