Monday, July 5, 2010

TOPIC 4 TODAY: ANGER

ANGER
You may express anger in many different ways.

Do you get grumpy, irritated or angry? If you have an anger problem, you may express it by screaming, engaging in physical violence or showing other signs of rage and fury. Or you may show it in less obvious ways—through bitterness, grumpiness, frustration, impatience, criticism, irritation, sarcasm, self-pity, depression or a cold silence—whether you are a Christian or not a Christian.

Regardless of how you express your anger, you know how destructive it can be. Your spouse and children may be afraid of you. People on the job may avoid you. Promotions may be denied. Your anger hurts others, but it also hurts you—spiritually and physically. Most importantly, the Bible tells us that it grieves God.

There is HOPE! You can overcome ANGER! With God's help, you can break free from the grip of anger.
Here's some resource helps I've chosen:


"The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy."
Psalm 103:8 (KJV)

"For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night,
but joy cometh in the morning"
Psalm 30:5 (KJV)

"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger."
Proverbs 15:1 (KJV)

"A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel."
Proverbs 15:18 (NIV)

"Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city."
Proverbs 16:32 (NIV)

"The discretion of a man makes him slow to anger, And his glory is to overlook a transgression."
Proverbs 19:11 (NKJV)

"The wrath of a king is like the roaring of a lion; Whoever provokes him to anger sins against his own life."
Proverbs 20:2 (NKJV)

"Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools"
Ecclesiastes 7:9 (NKJV)

"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:"
Ephesians 4:31 (KJV)

"In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry"
Ephesian 4:26 (NIV)

1 Corinthians 13:5 (30 kb)

Bible Verses on Anger

Leviticus 19:17-18

Nehemiah 9:17

Psalm 7:11; Psalm 4:4; *Psalm 30:5; Psalm 37:8; Psalm 103:8 Psalm 145: 8-9

Proverbs 14:17; *Proverbs 15:18; *Proverbs 16:32; Proverbs 17:14-15; *Proverbs 19:11; *Proverbs 20:3; Proverbs 21:19; Proverbs 22:24-25; Proverbs 29:22; Proverbs 30:33

Ecclesiastes 7:9*

Matthew 5:22; Matthew 21:12-14

Mark 3:1-2, 5

Romans 12:19-21

Colossians 3:7-9; Colossians 3:21

Ephesians 4:25-27*; Ephesians 4:31*-32

James 1: 17-20

2 Timothy 2:23-24

I guess BIBLE VERSES on ANGER MANAGEMENT would be better. And of course, verses on PEACE and PATIENCE also go along with this for the fruit we need to replace the anger.

For ANGER MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES, here is one resource I found at All About Life Challenges

To overcome anger, these steps are important:

  • Consciously determine to be calm. Don't react, think! Remember your goals and respond appropriately. Choose to remain calm!
  • Communicate. When someone upsets you, tell them. Calmly talk to them about how you feel about their words or actions. Learn to express yourself better -- clear and composed. Choose to!
  • Remove yourself from the scene until you can respond without anger. Your success will not happen overnight. Take it one step at a time, one day at a time. Remember to relax. Relaxation exercises or music can be helpful. Keep in mind you can reach out to someone you trust for help. Choose to!
  • Frequently take time for yourself. Do something you enjoy like walking in the park, swimming, reading the Bible, or seeing a feel-good movie. Do something nice for someone you admire. It's okay to feel good about yourself. Choose to!
  • Look for the positives. Don't dwell on the negatives. "Don't sweat the small stuff." Learn to be forgiving. This is difficult, but we need to start by learning to forgive ourselves
And I would like to add write out the Bible verses above on ANGER, even memorize them. But read them often, in the morning or at night until it sinks in. Change the verses into prayers and PRAY often to see the victory over anger and resolve conflicts in peace...Jesus' peace.

*CONFLICT RESOLUTION is what I needed and chose many times to run away, rather than invest time in resolving the conflict(s). Without resolution, conflicts stir up many other problems and also have a bad effect on one's health. We must learn to resolve our conflicts peacefully through God's direction and help. We must surrender our will and our powerlessness to God alone to show us His way to deal and make healthy choices.

Wisdom, peace, patience and sensibility are the fruit of controlling our anger and temper. When anger rises within us and we let it control our actions, the results are helplessness, trouble, bad consequences, impatience and arguments.

Anger is a natural emotion and the Bible often speaks of God’s “righteous” anger. Like all emotions, anger needs to be controlled and used, not the other way around.

Anger can be a barrier to our relationship with God, too!

“So if you are about to offer your gift to God at the altar and there you remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar, go at once and make peace with your brother, and then come back and offer your gift to God.” (Matt. 5: 23,24)


Now the point of (formerly)TUESDAY'S TOPIC 4 Today is to change any of these verses or combination into a PRAYER for yourself or someone else. (No names are necessary).

Last week the topic was STRESS, ANXIETY, WORRY that we laid down, in exchange for HIS PEACE & TRUST in HIM (it was a S.W.A.P.) If you'd like to pray about those, you can GO THERE.

Each week, we hope to share different topics & verses to turn into prayers...we would like you to SWAP "whatever it is " for what God desires to change. Maybe you don't need to pray about the topic but if the spirit impresses upon you, perhaps you will lead by leaving a prayer for someone else who may be struggling in that area.

[You can pray for me on this one... and that I may discover the root of this anger, forgive if necessary and move forward in God's grace & forgiveness] Thank you!


8 comments:

Denise said...

"A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger."
Proverbs 15:1 (KJV)

Father God, I pray for my sister Peggy, and for my sister Vickie. They are both put in situations at times, where it would be very easy for them to become angry. Please help them during those times. Let them know that it is much better to respond with a soft answer. Grievous words will just stir up more anger. Give them strength to do Your will Father. They both love You so very much. Thank You Father. Amen.

Wanda's Wings said...

I know I love God and He loves me, but I feel anger that my 27 year old son had to die. I have suffer from sexual and physical abuse and have a hard time understanding why God has allowed so much pain in my life. Honestly I would just like to die so I could go to heaven and be out of all this pain.

Denise said...

Father God, I come to You on behalf of dear Wanda. She has suffered so greatly, her hurts are raw and oozing out Father. Please lay healing hands upon this precious one, touch her as only You can Father. Comfort her in everyway, love on her. Let her know that life is worth living, that things will get better. She needs a special gift from You Father. Heal her hurting heart. Thank You Father. Amen.

Wanda's Wings said...

Thank you for praying for me. I believe God is only hope.

sailorcross said...

My Father,

Today I come to You with Wanda on my heart and mind. She is Your precious child, Father. Wanda has had things happen to her that should not have happened, things that occurred because of bad choices that other have made with affected her.

Let her pour out her anger regarding these things to You, God. Your shoulders are broad, and You can handle it. Let her feel free to tell You how she feels about all of this.

Then touch her with the healing touch that only You can offer. Cleanse her, Lord. Heal her wounded soul. Let her know that there is a purpose in her life, a purpose that only You can give her. Speak to her heart, Lord; heal her soul.

Tell her how much You love her, how valuable she is to You. She is Your child, Your creation, Your beloved creation. Help her to feel Your love pouring into her and ease her anger. Offer her the freedom from all of this, freedom and hope that only You can give.

We love You, Lord, and lift You high, exalted and holy.

In Your own Son's precious name,

Amen

Anonymous said...

Oh my, Peggy, this is an amazing post. The steps you mention above--to not react, to communicate, to remove ourselves from the scene until we feel better, etc., is exactly what God has taught me to do and I still have to put it to practice very purposefully at times. I will come back to pray later for all, including Wanda. I''m already praying but will share more as God leads.

I love you all, my sisters. I love this place. I have such a heart for prayer and sometimes it grows a bit cold yet when I connect with other intercessors the passion ignites again. Love you all.

Anonymous said...

Father, I just thank you for this amazing ministry which I know has Your hand all over it. Oh, my precious Father, I ask that You would bless each prayer warrior united in one spirit at this very special place. Lift them up and renew them in Your strength as they so diligently intercede for so many souls. Thank You Father, that as we pray for one another the burden is lightened. Refresh and renew Your warriors, Lord.

Father, I lift Wanda up to You. Oh my precious Savior, I feel Your compassion for her as if I knew her all my life. I cannot begin to know the pain in her heart especially having the loss that she bears, but You do. You do my King. Oh, heavenly Father, reveal Yourself in the depths of Wanda's heart as the great Healer and Restorer that You are. You are ever so near the brokenhearted. Be near this precious hurting heart today. Touch her wounds and bring Your balm of Gilead to every single corner of her heart.

Father, I ask a specific petition for Wanda. I ask that You would bring an unexpected gift to her today. Let it show up right at her doorstep when she expects it the least. With it renew her hope and child-like faith. Let it be a sign of Your everlasting love and care for the smallest of details in her life. Show her how her pain is actually gain. Lead her to help others who are going down the rough roads she has travelled. Show her, Father, how as she pours her experience on to others then healing can truly take place.

I thank You Jesus. I thank You for this precious opportunity to come here and see this and pray. My heart is so full. Thank You Jesus. It is in Your name that I pray. Amen.

The Stylish House said...

Peggy,
Your prayer blog is one of the new found blessings in my life! We all have our trials and tribulations, but what's important is how we deal with them. It’s often the small everyday decisions we make that matter most.
Concerning my daughter I do my best to set a good example by demonstrating resiliency and showing a positive attitude and a logical approach to life. I strive to be a team player with her doctors and be part of the solution. Most important Heather knows she is loved unconditionally, by her father and me.
I’m human and struggle at times. In my private moments things catch up with me so I remind myself to count my blessings and appreciate what we have. It's been hard to see my daughter get sicker, but I'm grateful there is hope for healing through a transplant. I’m more grateful then words can express how a stranger stepped forward to be a live liver donor for Heather. Nothing is certain, until the transplant team gives their final approval, but I know the Good Samaritan is faithful and it makes me want to be a better person by their example.
I like the quote: "It's not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."
Hugs, Cathy

It's Time to Pray


TheDanielPrayer_Meme_5

PRAYER for Our Nation

This was shared in an email from the Presidential Prayer Team:

Declaration of Independence Signer

Samuel Chase
George Washington (1732-1799), 1st President of the United States

"Almighty God: We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy Holy protection; and Thou wilt incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; and to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the Characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." --

This prayer of George Washington appears in St. Paul's Chapel in New York City.

To read MORE go here with Presidential Prayer Team