So many in need of PRAYER even though this should be a JOYOUS season, there are many heavy hearts and many others with real needs. Please take time to offer and give the best GIFT: your PRAYER!!!
PERSONAL PRAYER REQUESTS and HOW THE LIGHTHOUSE WORKS
Sunday, December 20, 2009
So many in need of PRAYER even though this should be a JOYOUS season, there are many heavy hearts and many others with real needs. Please take time to offer and give the best GIFT: your PRAYER!!!
Friday, December 11, 2009
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
God’s There to Do it, If You Show Up
LORD ~ TEACH US TO PRAY!
- WOW! God’s There to Do it, If You Show Up
- WOW! You and Unfailing Love
- WOW! Tired? Power Up
- WOW! The Cash Register of Sowing and Reaping.
- WOW! In the Whirlwind, Turn to Me!
- WOW! Light, His Word for You
- WOW! You, Step Out!
- WOW! Your Itsy-Bitsy Faith
- WOW! There’s More for You..
- WOW! Lean, Tip Yourself Towards Me…
- WOW! Ask-Seek-Knock, Get Serious!
- WOW! Listen, “Look at ME”
Latest Words of the Week
Saturday, October 10, 2009
Here at The Lighthouse of Prayer, in hopes that MORE of you will begin to use this site and leave prayers or requests, we experimented with MckLinky's Prayer Request. On October 10th, I installed McLinky Prayer Request and no one seemed to add requests so I have deleted it because it seems to have been causing a MALWARE warning to appear. I'm sorry if this has caused any problems & I have deleted the link so please ADD REQUESTS in COMMENTS as previously. Thank you! Hope by removing it, I have cleared up the problem.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
Lord, on a day when others gather to lift up their god before our nation, we lift You up as the one true God, creator of all things, who reigns and rules forever and ever and there is no end to Your kingdom. We exalt You today Lord as the author of life, and redeemer of our souls. You are holy and just, and there is no one else like You. Your name is worthy to be praised forever and ever, and at the sound of Your name all heaven bows down to worship.
On a day when others call on their god, we call on You Lord, the One God who hears and answers, the One who judges all nations, and extends mercy to all who call upon Him. The One who stands unchallenged in the heavens, who knows all the secrets of the universe, and the smallest thought in our heart. To the One who is high and lifted up above every other name that can ever be named, we call on You Lord today.
And As those who have been redeemed by the death and resurrection of Jesus, we ask that You would forgive us for not holding You in the place of honor that You deserve in our lives, our families, and our nation. Forgive us Lord for every time we have stepped back from standing up for You, every time we have yielded to popular opinion and denied that still small voice through which You guide us. Forgive us Lord for not being the moral compass that those around us so desperately need. Forgive us Lord for not keeping this nation, that You have so richly blessed, as One Nation Under You. We are deeply sorry.
Lord, You have promised that You would give grace to the humble. As I humble myself before You now I ask for the grace I need to be different. To step out of the crowd and stand unafraid for Your name's sake. To reject the empty values pushed upon me by the media, and live out the divine destiny You have for me. Lord help me to be the One Person Under God that You have called me to be.
I also ask Lord that You would extend Your septer of mercy over our nation, forgive us Lord for the many wrongs we have done, for corruption and greed, immorality and squandering Your blesses. We need a transformation Lord, and I'm asking that You would pour down upon our nation mercy and forgiveness. Break down the principalities and powers that stand against Your desires for our nation. We need Your help Lord, and there is no other God like You who rides across the heavens to come to our aid. Ride Lord, Ride, for we need You like never before. We need You in our families, our businesses, our churches, our government. We need You Lord, and nothing else will do.
Let the sound of Your redeeming love and power blow across our land. Call back to life, those things we have let die, and restore to us Lord that which we have lost. Bless our nation once again Lord that we might be a place where Your name is lifted up higher than any other name. Where Your blessings flow to us, and through us, and Your Good News goes forth to all people. In Jesus name, Amen.
"Salvation is found in no-one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." -Acts 4:12 (His name is Jesus)
Friday, September 11, 2009
Please see updates in Prayer Comments here by DENISE and
...We have received a very bad report. But God.
HE is the I AM.
He is able, mighty, awesome, amazing, wonderful, beautiful, holy, creator, sustainer, redeemer, healer, Father and Designer of Brains.
PLEASE continue to intercede in faith filled prayer for a miracle for Andrew. ~ Aug. 31, 2009
...The report is he has an inoperable stage 4 brain tumor. It is in the white matter of his brain which is why it is inoperable. The oncologist does not offer much hope. (I detest even writing that but want you to know what we are dealing with.)... Sept. 4, 2009
PLEASE CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR ANDREW and his family. To have your faith increased just visit BELLA MELLA and allow Melanie to speak faith and encouragement in the midst of this heavy battle, the LORD speaks blessings to her and she rejoices in her spirit. She will bless you when you go there to pray about Andrew as she offers an update, you will leave more blessed. Make a stop there regularly. As the prayers go up, the blessings come down, and we are standing with her in FAITH!
Update from 9-24-09 "Seeking the Kingdom First"
"Specific prayer: Pray that test results are good ones. Pray that when Andrew is moved, the roommate situation will not be a source of stress. He is being moved today. We have no control over that. Picu is quiet and the nurses are great here. But we will not be allowed to stay here.Andrew has had a headache today. He had Tylenol, then Percoset and finally morphine. Pray that the headache is gone when he wakes and does not return.We were told this morning to expect to spend about 2 weeks in the hospital.Finally, pray for my husband, myself, our other children and my parents. This, obviously, affects the entire family.We need your prayers to strengthen us in this battle for our son's life and health.I need YOU, YOUR prayer, YOUR faith." ~ Melanie & familyAndrew went home to be with the lORD on December 15th, 2009. Keep his family in prayer.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
I came across this 31 Days of Prayer for America from PRAYER CENTRAL today. As our nation & the Kennedy family in particular, grieve this day, I am reminded how we must UNITE & PRAY HUMBLY for our nation. I believe also that there is much need for prayer for the USA but it is also necessary for us to REPENT! As I read this quote, I believe our former President forgot to add, stand firm in prayer in his statement...and those of us, Christians, MUST, as we trust in GOD still!!!
There is a prayer and verse for each day of the month to focus on for our Nation. Daily the Presidential Prayer Team sends me a devotional called "Deeper with God" and each week I receive concerns for prayer. Here's the conclusion from today's:
When you pray for your country, remember that He knows the beginning and the end.
Ask for His hand to guide you as you intercede…and for His great right hand to firmly hold you,
the President and the nation as His plans are fulfilled by His wisdom and knowledge.
This is a great daily guide to lift at least one prayer for our nation & those in leadership in our government. I cannot emphasize enough that now is the time to be on our knees, crying out to God, to save us & spare us & forgive us for not being in PRAYER! I am doing my part by sharing this call to PRAYER, not just in time of crisis, or on PRAYER DAY but every day. We need to stay in His WORD & pray & claim His Word for this nation to truly have FREEDOM, the kind that Jesus Christ offers & gave us. Thank You, Lord Jesus!
31 Days of Prayer for America
1. Let all of America fear the Lord. Let all the inhabitants of the United States stand in awe of Him. Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, and the people whom He has chosen as His own inheritance. (Psalms 33:8, 12)
2. We bless our President and ask that You would pour out upon him the wisdom and counsel in needs to direct the affairs of this nation. (Psalms 89:21)
3. Lord, act in Your own displeasure toward those who would strike terror into the earth. (Ezekiel 32:22-25; Psalms 7:11-16) Root out and bring terrorists to justice. Please show mercy, expose and thwart terrorist schemes. Grant wisdom, discernment and protection to all in authority working to prevent terrorist attacks.
4. We pray that You would give Your wisdom to those who would preside in our courts of justice. Let all judges and those who work in our court system seek to preserve justice in a fair and impartial way according to Your statutes. (Proverbs 2:6-8)
5. Grant wisdom and courage to all those who serve in our Congress and all elected officials across this country. Let them not be distracted from governing by the lure of money, power or fame. Encourage them to always stand for what is right and to faithfully serve those who have put their trust in them. (Ecclesiastes 8:1-5)
6. Let those who serve our country in the military not rely solely upon the strength of their weapons and intelligence, but first turn to You, Lord, the source of all wisdom and strength. Raise up men and women of faith among all ranks of the military and give them opportunity to witness to their fellow soldiers. (Matthew 8:5-12)
7. We agree with You, Jesus, that the Church will be one, as You are one with the Father. Heal any divisions that exist between pastors and their congregations, and between denominations. Let our nation see the Body of Christ united in love for one another and toward those whom You have come to save. (John 17:21)
8. Lord, return the state of marriage to a place of honor in our country. We praise You for sturdy marriages that model Your commitment to the Church. Let hope and healing now come to those marriages that are strained and breaking. (Hebrews 13:4)
9. Father, let our earthly fathers look to You as the ultimate spiritual head of the family, and serve their families by carrying the responsibility for the physical, emotional and spiritual well-being of their wives and children.Bring absentee fathers to a faith and radical life-change. Let Your character be clearly seen in the lives of all fathers.(Ephesians 6:4)
10. We ask you Lord, to refresh mothers in the honor of fulfilling the glory of motherhood. Strengthen them with grace, wisdom, and love in serving their husbands and children. Let mothers would reflect Your own love and nurturing nature. (Proverbs 31:25-26, 28)
11. Thank You that You are father to the fatherless and husband to the widow. Restore our broken families with Your wholeness and let them turn to You for all spiritual, emotional and physical needs. (Psalms 146:8-9)
12. We pray that our children will come to know You as Lord and Savior early in their lifetime. We pray that they would participate fully in establishing your kingdom here on earth.
13. We agree with Your word, Lord, that You are instructing our children and great will be their peace in the land. (Isaiah 54:13)
14. Let the unborn be protected. We affirm their personhood and we honor them as unborn citizens. Rescue them from the atrocity and violent death by abortion. Convict of transgression, forgive and heal those who repent of committing abortion. (Psalms 72:12, 14)
15. Lord, we implore you to make our schools a place where our children can learn in physical, emotional and spiritual safety. Give them godly teachers who encourage them and are dedicated to them. Give them the support systems at home and at school that would enable them to achieve great things in Your Name. (Luke 6:40)
16. Strengthen and encourage those in the media who are willing to stand for Your truth and practice honest, fair and accurate reporting. Convert or remove those who would use the media to put forth their own selfish agendas and proclaim their lies and distortions. Give discernment to all who know and love You to be able to sift through the untruths and rely on Your steadfast Word. (Proverbs 4:24-26)
17. We praise and thank You that you give us the arts as a way to worship and glorify Your Name. Let godly men and women now come forth in the arts and entertainment fields who will seek to share your gospel message through their creative endeavors. (Proverbs 14:34)
18. Lord, bring genuine reconciliation to the races of this nation. Remove longheld prejudices, hatreds and hurts and replace them with Your healing love and fellowship. Bring peace, friendship and equal opportunity to all peoples and cultures. (Ephesians 2:14-16)
19. Thank You that You do not forget prisoners and those who are homeless and needy. Stir up Your heart of compassion in each of us and send Your Spirit to guide us as we reach out to those less fortunate. (Psalms 107:41)
20. Restore our abandoned inner cities to communities of safety, prosperity and hope. Save and encourage those caught in cycles of poverty, sickness, addiction, brokenness and despair. (Isaiah 58:12)
21. Lord, grant the people of America Sabbath rest. Thank You that there remains therefore a rest for the people of God. Help all be diligent to enter that rest, lest anyone fall into disobedience. (Hebrews 4:9-11)
22. Lord, let all exhausted laborers in our land come to You, find salvation, and find rest for their souls. For Your yoke is easy and Your bur- den is light. Comfort those in jail and prison, Lord. (Matthew 11:18-30)
23. Lord, bring the Word of God to bear on the hearts and minds of those who make public policy in America. (Psalms 19:7-11; John 8:31,32) Continue to grant opportunity for a Biblical world view and principles into the public discourse. (Ephesians 3:10)
24. Shield and deliver our nation from occultism, New Age cults, false religions and secret societies. (Isaiah 1:29; 2:6)
25. In mercy, reveal Yourself to those who do not even seek after You, those who have turned away, those who are ignorant of their own need for Your saving grace in their lives. (Romans 10:20; Isaiah 65:1)
26. Reverse the trends of humanism and socialism in our nation. (1 Chronicles 12:32; Isaiah 59:15)
27. Help us to be a nation that desires purity and avoids debauchery, pornography, perversion, drunkenness, drug use and gambling. (1 Corinthians 6:9-20; Titus 2:12)
28. Grace and enable us, Lord, to travail until the fullness of Jesus Christ is birthed in this next generation of Americans. (Galatians 4:19)
29. Send forth more consecrated individuals to proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ to every nation. Bring in the harvest, Lord. (Acts 1:8; 4:33)
30. Lord, help us to live our lives so that all are prepared to give an account to Almighty God. (Hebrews 9:27)
31. Now to Him who is able to keep us from falling, and to present us faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, to the only wise God our Savior, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen. (Jude 1:24-25)
GOD BLESS AMERICA and BRING COMFORT to those today in mourning for the loss of Senator Ted Kennedy, his family, loved ones and friends throughout the world.
Friday, August 28, 2009
IN HIS NAMECopyright © 2009, Prayer Central. All Rights Reserved.***************Jesus is the Lord Who heals. When He walked the earth, He raised up many from their diseases. Today He still touches many with His healing power in response to prayer. Ask the Lord to increase your faith as you read these Bible verses about Jesus the Healer.Intro:
Jesus, I recognize You as the One Who heals. You are the Great Physician. I bring __________________ (name of sick person) before You, and I ask for Your healing touch. I bind all fear and the spirit of inﬁrmity in Jesus Name. I recognize the authority of Your shed blood, and I establish that as a banner over _________________’s life right now. I loose Your peace (that surpasses all understanding and guards our hearts and minds) over _____________. I ask that Your will be done and that Your kingdom come in this situation.
Please send Your Holy Spirit to work in ___________’s family, bringing a greater witness of the reality of Jesus to those that are saved and those who are lost. Redeem this circumstance for Your glory because You alone are worthy!
Copyright © 2009, Prayer Central. All Rights Reserved.
Psalm 103:2-3 “Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget none of His beneﬁts; Who pardons all your iniquities; Who heals all your diseases…”
Isaiah 53:5 “… The chastening for our well-being [fell] upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed.”
Matthew 10:8 “Heal [the] sick, raise [the] dead, cleanse [the] lepers, cast out demons; freely you received, freely give.”
Mark 1:34 “And He healed many who were ill with various diseases, and cast out many demons…”
Luke 9:1 “And He called the twelve together, and gave them power and authority over all the demons, and to heal diseases.”
Please pray this for each person and declare these scriptures in confidence for healing. But remember God may not heal how you would like, but how HE wills to bring glory. Surrender & submit to the HEALER.
I come before You today to lift Tyler Derr to Your Throne. You know him, Lord, You love him and his family so much.
Tyler has been diagnosed with malignant lymphoma of his brain, along with spots of cancer in his lung and liver.
He just turned 5 on Saturday, Lord, one of Your little ones.
I pray, along with many others, lifting him up to You for Your healing powers, to touch him with Your healing hands.
Guide the doctors and all who are treating Tyler with Your wisdom, Lord.
We are praying for minimal side effects from the chemotherapy which he is starting today, and that he become cancer free, Lord, free from the disease that has attacked his body.
We are also praying that You use this situation to bring You Glory and praise--already starting in so many others!! We pray that others come to You in true faith and love, You using Tyler's illness for Your glory.
I pray for strength for Tyler's Mom and Dad--Jason and Chrissy, and also his grandparents--Sue and Frank--and his entire family--Your strength surround them as they go through this time of treatment and recovery.
Tyler will be cancer free, Lord. We have every faith in You to heal him and bring him to full recovery.
Thousands of people are praying for Tyler. Hear our prayers, Lord.
In Jesus' Precious Name I pray,
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
"Prayer is exhaling the spirit of man and inhaling the spirit of God."
[sent to me from Beth]
*posted in July originally
PRAYER for Our Nation
"Almighty God: We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy Holy protection; and Thou wilt incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; and to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the Characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." --