Monday, February 28, 2011

FAITH DECLARATIONS for our PRAYER CHALLENGE (Part II)

* After publishing this as one post, I decided to break it into two parts; The Declarations in Part I (which I have also added along the sidebars) and other suggestions to help your "40 Days of Prayer" (Part II) Challenge, with another set of Declarations of WHO I AM in Christ.
Romans 10:14 (57 kb)
...or in our case, here at the LIGHTHOUSE of PRAYER...
...And how can they believe or hear ... without someone PRAYING for them?

There are many places for you to select Promises from God's Word to PRAY. Personally I think selecting topics for prayer that fit your life, reflecting on the scriptures and praying each of them would be a more effective way of personally praying God's Word. The initial prayer challenge post shared some places and I know there are more places for prayers like Belief.Net and About.com plus the individual church, ministries or well known preachers/pastors.

I also have another set of DECLARATIONS of "WHO I AM"  IN CHRIST (being reposted over at Amazing Grace...) which would also be a good source to pray each day - more than 40...


also mentioned a church in the Prayer Challenge that did a 40 day prayer challenge on December 5th, 2010which I came across and would make a good guide with their pdf (but I am not sure who it is from to credit or ask permission so... ) I particularly like the last 7 days and may use a format like this for here) but this is how their 40 day started (maybe this is the only guide you need):
Challenge:  One of your prayers each day should cover the sentiments below.  It also
should be 10 minutes in length.  So keep searching your heart and talking to God until the 10 minutes are over. There will be moments of silence which is okay, just let it flow and go deep when you finish all the surface stuff. 
 
Day 1: Ask for strength to follow through with this challenge of 40 days of at least one
seven minute prayer.  Ask for a heart that delights and desires to come before God
several times a day in prayer.  Ask God to help you to realize the importance and power of prayer in your life and others.   Ask that you understand and do what it takes today to be closer to Him and His people. 
Day 2:  Pray that your heart will be softened and your eyes opened to see a brother or sister in Christ who is in need physically, emotionally, financially.  That you will have strength to take the first step and show compassion to that person who needs help.  God grant you the resources needed to help that person.  
I do not intend to restrict how you PRAY or however you would like to do your "40 Days Away 2 Pray"...these are only suggestions to get you started or help you focus.

If you still are searching or praying about joining this JOURNEY but are lost or need something more specific, might I recommend that you choose one over at Prayer Central(PC). Or the one above from Germaine Copeland, that will change daily... take the scriptures given and write your own prayer from them like hers or PC...


Here's Day 5 of the ABC's of PRAYER, which stands for Abiding, Believing and Confronting:
Day-5 Free Access to God’s Throne
Intro:God sits on His throne high above the heavens and the earth. However as His child you have His listening ear whenever you need it. The door to His throne room is open wide to you through the sacrifice of Christ. You can come before the Father boldly, bringing your needs and the needs of others to His attention. Consider these scriptures and receive confidence that His ear is open to your cry.~PRAYER CENTRAL 
Prayer:Father, You are the sovereign Lord over all creation, and yet Your ear is open to my prayers. I thank You that I can come boldly before Your throne to receive the help I need for myself and others. I am grateful that You are not a God that is far off, but that You are near. Your heart is full of concern for Your children. I am confident that You hear me when I cry out to You. I rest in the security of Your watchful eye. My heart looks with anticipation for the answers You will send. I receive the privilege of coming before Your throne, where I can release my burdens and the needs of others into Your bountiful care.~PRAYER CENTRAL 
Scripture:
Psalm 34:17 (39 kb) 
Psalms 34:17 “[The righteous] cry and the LORD hears, And delivers them out of all their troubles.”Hebrews 4:16 “Let us therefore draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and may find grace to help in time of need.” 
2 Samuel 22:7 “In my distress I called upon the LORD, Yes, I cried to my God; And from His temple He heard my voice, And my cry for help [came] into His ears.” 
Jeremiah 23:24 “Can a man hide himself in hiding places, So I do not see him?” declares the LORD. “Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?” declares the LORD. 
 Jeremiah 23:24 (59 kb)
Psalms 34:15 “The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous, And His ears are [open] to their cry.” ~ PRAYER CENTRAL

SO ARE YOU READY TO FOCUS ON PRAYER FOR 40 DAYS? 

* it'd be ever so nice to share your daily prayer here... but it's not a prerequisite nor do you have to share on your blog or anywhere, this is totally between you and God... except for declaring that you're in... to be accountable.


PRAYER REQUESTS for MARCH are HERE:  PETITIONS to GOD'S THRONE for MARCH
examples of prayers in the comments because remember ONLY PRAYERS in the comments, if you want to write a comment, you may visit my regular blog, any post and leave it...

3 comments:

Peggy said...

Day 1:

Heavenly Father,

I ask for Your strength to follow through with this challenge of 40 days. May each day my prayers increase in time and in quality.
May I learn to pray Your Word, and according to Your Will.

I ask for a heart that delights and desires to come before You several times a day intermittently besides our time set aside together in the morning and the evening.

Help me to understand and do whatever it takes each day to be closer to You and Your people.

In the precious name of Jesus, I pray

Anonymous said...

Prayer Central today Day 5 under
DRAW NEAR:

Your Mouth is Powerful

Jesus said, “The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in him. But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.” -Matthew 12:35-37

Today’s Word:
My dear one, consider how I began all of creation, ‘And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light’. I did not form the earth with My hands, I formed it with My words. All of creation unfolded at the sound of My voice. Even as there is power in My voice, so also there is power in your voice too. Just as it is written, ‘The tongue has the power of life and death’. Consider the power of your words, says the Lord. Even King David prayed, “Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips.”

Ask Me for this, and you will reap many benefits. For sometimes it is better to say nothing, except to Me in prayer. At other times, your speech needs the reigns of patience, and the bridle of self control. Have you not read, ‘A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger’? Just as it is written in Proverbs, ‘The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down’.

So, think over these things, and ask Me to be the Lord of your mouth. Many new treasures await you, as you embrace this. Draw near to Me now and I will draw near to you.

Scripture:
Genesis 1:3 “And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.”

Proverb 18:21 “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”

Psalms 141:3 “Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips.”

Proverb 15:1 “A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.”

Proverb 14:1 “The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.”

So then, I would choose one or all and pray these scriptures!

Thank You Father, Creator of all things,that You spoke into existence... formed with Your Words. Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the doors of my lips.(Psalm 141:3)

Anonymous said...

FROM PRAYER CENTRAL's WIDGET
FETCH A PRAYER (in the left sidebar)

Today's Blessing
Pray The Blessing:
Matt 25:31-40 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left.

Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’

Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Declare your faith:
I believe and confess that Jesus Christ came set the captives free and that by his death on the cross He broke the hold of sin over our lives (Luke 4:18).

It's Time to Pray


TheDanielPrayer_Meme_5

PRAYER for Our Nation

This was shared in an email from the Presidential Prayer Team:

Declaration of Independence Signer

Samuel Chase
George Washington (1732-1799), 1st President of the United States

"Almighty God: We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy Holy protection; and Thou wilt incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; and to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the Characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." --

This prayer of George Washington appears in St. Paul's Chapel in New York City.

To read MORE go here with Presidential Prayer Team