Saturday, March 28, 2009

PRAISING GOD ALMIGHTY

Like the water's roar
Is Your voice, O Lord
There is none before
And none beside

You are set apart
You alone are God
Your glory reaches far
From sky to sky

Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty
Early in the morning we will sing
Holy, Holy, we bow down before Thee
All Your children love to sing Your name
God Almighty

You're the breath of life
You're the God on high
Your song shall rise
And never pass away

O, Your Majesty
Evermore shall be
The earth, the skies, the sea
Shall bring You praise

And I hide my eyes
With my face to the ground
In the presence of Your Majesty
And I clap my hands
And I lay my crowns
In the presence of Your Majesty




In Stormie Omartian's book "The Prayer that Changes Everything", each chapter in the first half is a "Reason to Praise God" for WHO HE IS! 

Previously, we shared about praise God as our Creator and the focus in Chris Tomlin's song is on GOD ALMIGHTY...GOD ALL POWERFUL! EL SHADDAI!!!

Stormie shares a quote from Jack Hayford in this chapter ... 
"Worship transcends our weakness to the time that recognizes the power of God." 
(that's my translation from my Spanish text of her book) 

then she adds in her words before closing as she does each chapter  ...
"Worship (adoration) is surrendering yourself, your life 
to God so that He can be powerful in your life 
and show His power through you".

Here are the verses that Stormie shares on God Almighty ~ All Powerful: Matthew 19:26, 2 Chronicles 16:9, 2 Corinthians 13:4, 1 Corinthians 2:5, Jeremiah 32:27.

These are the verse that she uses in her Prayer of Praise: Psalm 147:5, Psalm 89:13, Psalm 65:6, Isaiah 64:8, Job 9:4, Psalm 62:11, 1 Chronicles 29:11, 1 Corinthians 6:14, Revelation 11:17, Psalm 21:13, Judas 1:25, Matthew 6:13.

LORD, I praise Your Holy Name! You are God Almighty! You are God All Powerful! You are omnipotent and all powerful over the heavens and earth as clearly shown in this video of the galaxies even. I marvel at the awesome power of all Your Creation. Nothing is too difficult for You! There is nothing that You cannot do. You are Great LORD and greatly to be praised! I surender my life to Your hands. I know that through the power of Your Holy Spirit all things are possible! Thank You! Thank You that it's not by might, nor by power, but by Your Spirit! I give You the highest praise and exalt You Almighty God! I thank You that You are All Powerful! Glory, honor & power are Yours! I bow to Your Majesty and Power over all!

Let us offer up our PRAISES to GOD ALMIGHTY as we come before Him with our prayers to His Throne! 

You may like to choose one of the verses above and use it in a prayer to God Almighty! ¡DIOS TODOPODEROSO!

Is there a situation in Your life right now that you know would not be possible without a miraculous intervention by God Almighty? Why not put that in a prayer to Him, asking Him to move in His power through you to accomplish this. Or share with us your need so we can stand with you in prayer.

Read Isaiah 40: 28-31 and allow God's Word to inspire you through these verses with a HOPE of the power He can give you in your life that you may need.

9 comments:

Denise said...

Dear heavenly Father, I exalt Thee. In my weakness, I find Your strength. You can move mountains, I praise You for Your strength. I am nothing without You. Thank You for loving me. Amen.

Angela said...

I praise You that we are able to come to Your throne and praise and worship You. Thank You for this great gift. We glorify You, King of kings and Lord of lords..amen amen amen

Peggy said...

LORD God ALMIGHTY...Because You are
All Powerful, and because You are in control, I praise You & come into Your Throne room humbly interceding for these precious babies that need Your Healing touch: Kayleigh, Stellan & Abby
and there are so many more innocent ones in need of Your Power & their families need Your strength, comfort, peace & wisdom!

Be with them through all these medical decisions, surgeries, procedures, medicine...and send Your Holy Spirit to breathe a fresh breath into their little lives!

Guide the doctors & medical staff as well as their words to the families.

You are the God Almighty that heals them! I believe in miracles & more importantly I believe in the Miracle Maker! You created these precious children & know them & their situations all too well.

We place them in Your Loving & capable fatherly hands!

Surround their families during their time of need and hold them ever so gently.

I glorify You & exalt You Jehovah Rapha...I love You more than life.
Praise, honor & glory are Yours now & forevermore!!!

Kayleigh, Stellan & Abby are healed by the stripes of Jesus on the Cross, He overcame & bore their illnesses. Release healing from Your Throne & bind these infirmities in Jesus' precious Name

There is nothing to difficult for You! There is nothing impossible! Your grace is enough.

It is not by might, nor by power, but by Your Spirit! You are the Lord that heals these children
...for healing is Your children's bread.

You are the Sun of Righteousness who rises with healing in Your wings over Kayleigh, Stellan & Abby! You are the balm of Gilead.

I place all my hope in You, O GOD ALMIGHTY! I praise You because You are the health of our countenance and Our God, Omnipotent, All Powerful & Almighty!

You are their Great Physician! Thank You for Your healing power!

sailorcross said...

Abba,

You are My King, My Creator, Creator of everything in Heaven and earth!!

I was just outside--the wind is blowing the trees and I can feel Your power and might in the wind.

I come to You today with many people in my heart and mind. You know them all, Lord--you know what and who are pressing heavily upon me today.

I ask that You keenly watch over each and every one of these people and their situations. Use each of them and their situations according to Your Will--drawing each of them closer and closer to You.

I humbly ask You for a peaceful day for myself--a peace that can only be obtained by seeking You. So, Lord, lead me and guide me through this day--seeking You and Your guidance every moment.

I love you, Lord. Help me to sit at Your feet even as I go through my busy day.

In Jesus' name,

Amen

Your daughter, Beth

Denise said...

Dear heavenly Father, I love You. I bring my sister Vicki before Your throne. She has several medical problems, diabetes, kidney failure, and heart problems.She is in pain right now Father, physically, mentally, and emotionally. Her legs, feet, and stomach are all swollen very badly. She loves You, and believes in You. But, she is afraid that her kidneys are getting worse. She goes to see her heart doctor tomorrow afternoon. Please touch her Father, You are her true Physician, and healer. I beg You Father, if it be Your will, please heal my sister, take the swelling from her body. I love You, I love You. I believe in Your power. Amen

Peggy said...

Almighty & Most powerful LORD,

I stand together in a prayer of faith for Denise's sister, Vicki!

James 5:13-16 (New International Version)

The Prayer of Faith 
13
Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. 14Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. 15And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. 16Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.

Thank You LORD that You desire to touch and heal Vicki! Thank You that You are sending comfort for her pain! Thank You, precious LORD that You have bore all of her infirmities & You are her GREAT PHYSICIAN! Be with Vicki & be with the medical professionals with Your wisdom & care during her appointment tomorrow.

LORD, We ask YOU to remove this pain, this swollen discomfort, and all of her medical problems and replace them with Your Healing Balm of Gilead, Comfort, & restoration of her kidneys! They are Yours because Vicki is Yours & she needs
Your touch, Your Power, a Miracle from You. Thank You LORD for Your power in Vicki, healing, restoring in every area in Jesus authority, we claim the Name of Jesus & glorify You with our praise, love & thanks eternally.

Bless Denise & bring her comfort, peace & encouragement as she waits to see Your power change the health of her sister with healing! Wrap Your loving arms around them both &
show Your faithful love to them!

sailorcross said...

My Father,

I come this morning to sit at Your feet and lift Denise's sister Vicki to Your Throne.

I pray that her doctors seek Your wisdom and guidance in her treatment as she visits them today. May they employ all of Your healing powers through their own medical knowledge to relieve Vicki's physical and emotional anguish and pain.

I pray for Denise--knowing that she is seeking Your peace, love, hope and comfort for her sister. Also, lay your hands upon Denise to bring her to peace regarding Vicki.

Vicki and Denise are both Your children, Lord, and they love You. Let them both feel You embrace them in a very tight hug this day, carrying them through this storm.

I pray that Vicki and Denise both lean on You heavily during this time. Your shoulders are broad and You more than strong and powerful enough to carry all of us in our need. Carry Vicki and Denise through this day and every day.

I also praise You for the healing of my friend, Jim. Please continue his healing process so that he may feel 100% again and ready to serve You as he loves to do.

I am praying for my own daughter as she goes to her doctor's appointment today. I pray for health and no harm to come her way. Keep her safe in Your arms.

She has not accepted You as Your Savior, but she's coming, Lord--she's coming!! I know and feel Your presence in her life, and she has lifted some prayers to You herself. She is beginning to seek You, Lord!! Help her along in this process of seeking You by revealing more and more of Your love and power in her life every day.

I join with all that are praying for her salvation that You use the present situations in her life to draw her fully to You and let her rest in Your love.

In Jesus' most precious name I pray,

Amen

Anonymous said...

My Father and my God, I thank you because you are the giver of life and you give it more abundantly. I pray for as many that have one ailment or the other in their bodies today that you make them whole in Jesus' Name.

Our body is the temple of the Holy Spirit therefore every disease/sickness in their bodies are strangers and unlawful occupants and the bible says "The strangers shall be frightened and they shall come out of their hidden places". I command every sickness and disease out of your body now in Jesus' Name.

Thank you Jesus because you have answered my prayer in Jesus' Name.

Denise said...

Dear heavenly Father, please continue to bless Beths friend Jim with much healing. We thank You for the healing You have already done in him. I ask that You be close to Beths daughter as she goes to see her doctor today.I pray she receives a good report. My heart prays that she will seek You, totally give her life to You. I love You Father. Amen

It's Time to Pray


TheDanielPrayer_Meme_5

PRAYER for Our Nation

This was shared in an email from the Presidential Prayer Team:

Declaration of Independence Signer

Samuel Chase
George Washington (1732-1799), 1st President of the United States

"Almighty God: We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy Holy protection; and Thou wilt incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; and to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the Characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." --

This prayer of George Washington appears in St. Paul's Chapel in New York City.

To read MORE go here with Presidential Prayer Team