Monday, September 20, 2010

COMFORT from the MEADOW


I know that others of you need this prayer as much as I do. I'm sharing this from one of my favorite authors, Roy Lessin, and his beautiful Meet Me in the Meadow blog, which you can subscribe to by email.



Pray This…by 



Prayer of Comfort

Through the tears, Oh God, I bring my hurting heart to You. I cry out with all that is within me, to You, the One who is my comfort and my Comforter. You know my weeping, You see my sorrow, You hear my cry. My tears drop upon the pages of Your book that hold the promises of hope and comfort that You have written for me to lean upon. Thank You that You have drawn close to me to gather my tears and keep them in Your bottle; to assure me that you will not forget about me or be indifferent to what I am going through.


Jesus, You wept, You are acquainted with grief, You were wounded, You were rejected, You were a man of sorrows. As my High-Priest, You have born my burdens, You have carried my sorrows, You have compassion upon me. Thank You for praying for me with an understanding, all-encompassing, never-failing love.


Holy Spirit, thank You that you have come…sent by Jesus, to me, for me, as my Helper and Comforter. I receive Your ministry of love, tenderness, and mercy. Draw me close to the healing heart of Jesus, to the embracing arms of the Father.


Lord, how great, how good, how compassionate You are. Thank You for Your promise to wipe away all tears from my face. Thank You for being my true Comforter, the One who renews, refreshes…the One who restores and keeps my soul.


Scriptures: 
Psalm 23, 
Psalm 56:8, 
Psalm 116:8, 
Psalm 126, 
Isaiah 25:8, 
John 14:26-27, 
John 16:7, 
2 Corinthians 1:3-6, 
Hebrews 5:7, 7:26


Be sure to visit Roy Lessin's blog if this ministers to you and let him know!



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peggy, one of my favorite quotes ever is from Roy Lessin and it's on my sidebar. "The Word did not become a philosophy, a theory, or a concept to be discussed, debated, or pondered. But the Word became a Person to be followed, enjoyed, and loved."-Roy Lessin

I wanted to add that God brought this place to mind today. He reminded me of what you posted about--COMFORT, and He gave me two simple words to leave here as prayer; prayer over each and every request and need. Two words, I know, but I will pray only as He leads and this is His prayer:

HOLY SPIRIT...

It is my prayer too over each and every area where comfort is needed. He is our greatest Comforter.

Peggy said...

Yes!

Holy Spirit Thou art welcome in this place
Holy Spirit Thou art welcome in this place
Omnipotent Father of mercy and grace
Thou art welcome in this place

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I had thought about the exact same song earlier.

Thank you, Father. Now this is a praise report!!

Peggy said...

Praise God from whom all blessing flow! Praise Him all creatures here below! Praise Him above the heavenly host.

Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!

Thank You Comforter for holding my tears!
Thank You dear Lord, for taking my fears.
Thank You Our Father for seeing my sorrow!
Thank You forever and for each tomorrow
that I can Trust You to carry all my woe...
You've wept, and You've held us, and now we must GO...
out to reach others and love them just like Christ
For You have come to dwell in us,
Your Glory shines in PRAISE!

Praise You Holy Spirit!
Thank You for Your Comfort!
Thank You for such compassion from One Heart!

Anonymous said...

"I trust in you, O LORD; I say, 'You are my God.' My times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who pursue me" (Psalm 31:14-15).

God, I do not understand what is going on with me, but I trust that You do. Amen

"Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God. My soul is downcast within me; therefore I will remember you" (Psalm 42:5-6).

Lord, I look to You when I am struck down again by grief. I will depend on You, and I will praise You; for though I am struck down, I am not destroyed. Amen.


"Weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning" (Psalm 30:5).

Lord Jesus, sometimes I feel like my grief will never end. Show me patches of sunlight in my life today that will spur me on with a healing hope. Amen.


"I am the LORD, who heals you" (Exodus 15:26).

Jehovah Rapha, healing God, You are my healer, and I choose to walk with You. Amen.

~ GriefShare emails

Denise said...

Thank You Father for being my forever comfort. Only You can take my life, and make it new. I love You. Amen

It's Time to Pray


TheDanielPrayer_Meme_5

PRAYER for Our Nation

This was shared in an email from the Presidential Prayer Team:

Declaration of Independence Signer

Samuel Chase
George Washington (1732-1799), 1st President of the United States

"Almighty God: We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy Holy protection; and Thou wilt incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; and to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the Characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." --

This prayer of George Washington appears in St. Paul's Chapel in New York City.

To read MORE go here with Presidential Prayer Team