Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A CALL TO PRAYER






40 days of prayer

"--On September 1st, the National Religous Broadcasters (NRB)  will inaugurate a 40-day prayer campaign called “If My People.” There is no agenda, movement or march planned around this call to prayer. The instruction, command, and direction from God is simple and clear, taken from 
2 Chronicles 7:14: “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”

God moves in the affairs of men and nations, and critical issues face us today on every level: our families are broken; the social fabric of our culture that was once our strength is now torn and tattered; our government is unproductive at best; our educational system is misguided; our economy is crumbling; and even many of our churches seem weak and ineffective. These issues seem too complex to correct, and the spiral continues downward in all areas of our culture and society. The underlying causes of all these problems are spiritual, and only God can make things right.

One hundred fifty years ago, America faced similar problems. One man, Jeremiah Lamphier, was moved to action in calling others to prayer. The impact on our nation was historic, as men and women came to Christ, repented of sin, and turned their focus to God and righteous living.


Will you join the effort to day, and accept the call to prayer, as instructed in 1 Chronicles 7:14?

Visit http://ifmypeopleprayusa.org/ for more on this call to prayer, how you can pray, what to pray for, when to pray, and even how to lead a prayer group."

Provided from an email that I receive from Ephesians Four Ministry with TGIF. They have shared this every morning for a week, to be sure that we PRAY! 

Many of us know this scripture and use 1 Chronicles 7:14 but if WE are HIS PEOPLE, we will take this seriously and realize that WE ARE CALLED TO PRAYER.

You may have many excuses or say, "You do not have anything to repent for..." that is our problem. We all are sinners. We all need to repent. We even need to REPENT as a NATION, perhaps for matters out of our control, or that we are not in agreement with but clearly they are against the will of God and His commandments. We need to lay down our pride, all of our many -isms and unite together and repent together for the social injustices and a rebellious nation. 


A selfish nation. Oh, yes, we are the most giving but also "...to him who much is given, much is required..." We are failing greatly in the care of the Father to love God with all our heart, our soul, our mind and all that is within us and to love one another. That is ALL others. Not just the loveable, or our personal families but even our enemies and those we consider untouchable or whatever we label them. NO ONE is a REJECT from GOD! We must lay down our differences and PRAY. We must not engage in political negativism but we are called to pray for those in authority... whether we agree with them or not. We must PRAY! We must ask & seek Godly wisdom for each leader and person in authority with respect. This may make me not liked by many of you, but what I care about is if God is pleased with me and I am speaking what I hear.

Maybe your excuse is "you don't know how to pray" or " where do I begin" or "what do I pray for". I'm glad you asked because the website tells you how. Also gives us suggestions in leading prayer, either at home, in our neighborhoods or churches. Step out in faith! Teach your family how PRAYER matters. Our families are the perfect place to start with a PRAYER in our homes. After all, this is where the enemy has been raging the biggest war against our families.

You may say, "but my little prayer does not count or matter".

If God was coming tomorrow and HE MAY... have YOU PRAYED? Does your prayer or words matter? You better hope so. He is waiting for us, to humble ourselves, meaning let go of our own limited perspective, open our hearts and minds to the needs of many, submit to His will and authority. Many do not even know Him or receive Him. No different today than 2,000 some years ago. 

Labor Weekend is this next weekend. What better way for us to  express our gratitude than through our united PRAYER! Not just one prayer but many prayers united for 40 days! 





WE DO WANT GOD TO BLESS AMERICA ONCE AGAIN.

I hope this encourages many of us to BE BOLD in Christ with this 40 day CHALLENGE to PRAY! Actually this Challenge is a Command, PLEASE PRAY! 


There is a Presidential Prayer Team site that gives us PRAYER needs and leaders to pray for daily & weekly over here and they are preparing for 40 days of praying for the vote starting September 22nd. They need our support and PRAYERS!




GOD 
BLESS AMERICA!
GOD BLESS YOU!
GOD BLESS YOUR PRAYERS!
HAVE A SAFE & WONDERFUL
LABOR DAY!


(comments are off, if you need to request prayer or would like to share one, please go to any other post). Remember, we only share PRAYERS here, not comments.

There will be a post for PRAYERS for OUR NATION this weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Heavenly Father, I humbly come before you today. Please search my heart, open my eyes, and show me my sins, that I may confess them to you and seek your forgiveness…

I'm sorry for everything I have done to hurt you, to disappoint you and for everything I have not done that I should have done to bring glory to you and to show others your love and your way. I'm sorry for the sin that made it necessary for Jesus to sacrifice himself to save me. And I am thankful for the precious blood of the Lamb that cleanses me from all sin and unrighteousness. Please have mercy upon me, my family, my community, my country, for we have sinned against you. We are wicked and you are holy. Please turn hearts toward you. There was a time when you promised if there were but 10 righteous men, you would spare the land. Please, will you hear our cries and heal our land today? I lift up this country and all its inhabitants to you, oh Mighty God, that your Holy Spirit might move across this nation and work in the hearts of all. May you guide our leaders in the way that is best. And please help me know what I need to do each and every day to make a difference. Thank you God, for hearing me. In the name of my precious Savior I pray, amen.

Ephesians 4 Ministry

Today's Prayer Focus
Secular Materialism

Pray: That Americans will understand that happiness is not found in materialism, and that the deceitfulness of riches will not choke out the word, and cause it to be unfruitful.

IF MY PEOPLE PRAY site

Anonymous said...

Pray: "Thank you Father that through Jesus you know my name. Today, direct me and show me how to live for You."
“...shall humble themselves...”
This is a very hard concept in this culture. Humility. Jesus said those who are ‘poor in spirit’ will have the kingdom of heaven. Take note; God does not force Himself on any man or woman. He desires that you yield to Him and allow Him to take first place in your heart. The Scripture says: “God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.” James 4:6
Pray: "Lord God, show me those ways that I have become proud. Help me to turn to You with a humble heart."

“...and pray...”
Pray. This is not some thought lightly tossed toward heaven as you drive to work. God desires that you come before Him and spend time in His presence. He loves you just like you are, He will not turn you away. Maybe you have been away for a long time; come Home to Him. He will welcome you with open arms.

“And you shall seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:13
Pray: "Hear my prayer Holy Father as I bow my heart to You and seek You."

“...and seek My face...”
So often you want help from God. You seek His hand. God wants you to know Him in a personal and intimate way. He wants you to know His heart. The Scripture tells you that the nation of Israel saw the acts of God, but Moses knew the ways of God. It also says the people knew God from afar, but Moses knew Him as a friend. Jesus speaking to His disciples said; “You are my friends, if you do whatever I have commanded you.” John 15:14
Pray: "Lord, I come close to You seeking to renew a relationship that seems to have grown cold. I want to spend time with You today."
“...and turn from their wicked ways...”
You may have little habits you know are wrong, or unconfessed sins, or an unforgiving spirit; these things build up over time. Allow God to look into your heart. Agree with Him when He puts His finger on a sin. “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” I John 1:9
Pray: "Father, I know there is no sin so big that You cannot forgive, and no sin so small that You will overlook. Forgive me and allow me to walk with You in a new way without the burden of sin."
“...then...”

The next phrases tell you that after you have done those things required by God, He will then do those things that only He can do. “He will hear from heaven, He will forgive our sins, and He will heal our land.”
Pray: "Holy Father, I beg you to be patient with me. I look for your forgiveness and healing touch for me, for my family, for my church, for my country."

Anonymous said...

Today's Prayer Focus (9/3/10)
Positive Parenting

Pray: That parents will be diligent and wise as they raise their children, and they will love them as God loves them.

"And He will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction." (Malachi 4:6)

Anonymous said...

Today's Prayer Focus (9/4/10)
Hopelessness

Pray: That people will find their hope in Jesus, and that, when hard times fall, they can know there is a God who loves them.

"Remember that you were at that time separated from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ." (Ephesians 2:12-13)

It's Time to Pray


TheDanielPrayer_Meme_5

PRAYER for Our Nation

This was shared in an email from the Presidential Prayer Team:

Declaration of Independence Signer

Samuel Chase
George Washington (1732-1799), 1st President of the United States

"Almighty God: We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy Holy protection; and Thou wilt incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; and to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the Characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." --

This prayer of George Washington appears in St. Paul's Chapel in New York City.

To read MORE go here with Presidential Prayer Team