Monday, October 4, 2010

PRAYERS of ADORATION and LOVE

Let us take time at this place to 
ABIDE and ADORE Our Lord


Let us speak Words of love and adoration to Him


There is and will be another post for leaving your prayer petitions (requests or needs of others) so that we may intercede together with you. This one is for PRAISE and ADORATION only please! 

Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself 
unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me.
John 15:3-5 



John 15:5 (45 kb)



Prayer of adoration and praise should flow naturally from a heart fully aware of God's great blessings. By starting our prayers with ADORATION and PRAISE, we focus first on GOD, rather than on ourselves. We think of WHO GOD IS and all HE has done. Jesus teaches us to love God with our whole heart, mind and soul. Praise elevates us into God's Presence and power! So that is why we are starting off with prayers of our love, adoration and praise to the King of kings.
Praise is also an excellent remedy if we are feeling low, defeated or discouraged or for when we may perceive that we are under attack from the enemy, the evil one (does not really like it much when there are PRAISES going UP). We need to find our encouragement as we lift our arms to God. Praise brings the nature of God's power and presence into the situation. Quenches the attack(er) rather than allow it to quench the Spirit. Praise sends the enemy running!!! So let's send the enemy running.
Prayers of adoration and praise are commonly found in the Psalms; 
Psalm 18:1-3
Psalm 48:1, 9-10
Psalm 59:16
Psalm 92
Psalm 97:10
Psalm 116
Psalm 119:47-48
Psalm 119:132
Psalm 119:165
Psalm 122:6
Psalm 148
Acts 16:25
2 Thessalonians 3:5 

A prayer of ADORATION comes from the heart, expressing our love, awe, respect or reverence to God. It actually means to put one's hands up to their mouth to give a kiss to the one they are worshiping.

Prayers of ADORATION can be found in:

2 Chronicles 6:12-13; 

Nehemiah 9:5-6; 
Psalm 2:12; 
Psalm 5:7; 
Psalm 73:23-25;                 
Psalm 116:7-9; 
Isaiah 29:23; 
Malachi 2:5; 
Matthew 2:1-2, 9-11; Matthew 17:14-18;               
Luke 17:11-17; 
1 Cor.14:24-25; 
Philippians 2:5-11; 
Hebrews 12:28-29; 
Rev. 4:9-11


Here are some BIBLE VERSES to INSPIRE you on other themes to uplift you!
SO LET"S PROCLAIM SOME OF THEM in PRAYER!
or
just tell 
OUR LORD
GOD
HOW MUCH YOU LOVE HIM!
Extravagant Grace
Let's just DO PRAISE and ADORATION!

YOU CAN OFFER UP YOUR THANKS with
THANKFUL THURSDAY
Iris (September) Lynn (October) Laurie (November)
or join
holy experience
SUNDAY'S SACRIFICE OF PRAISE
Psalm 145
verses 1-3 follow
I will exalt You, my God the King;
I will praise Your name for ever and ever.
Every day I will praise You
and extol Your name for ever and ever.
Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise;
His greatness no one can fathom.

Let's experience HIS PRESENCE as we pray, 
adore and praise Him
showing our love



REMEMBER: These "PRAYERS LIFTED TO THE THRONE" (comments)  for Prayers of PRAISE and ADORATION ONLY! There is another post for leaving your prayer petitions (requests or needs of others) so that we may intercede together with you. Thank you! It's good for us to start with our ADORATION and PRAISE before we ask of Him according to His will always... but 1st "Tell God how much you love Him." Listen to Kim Walker sing again if you need to be inspired and with all the intensity of this song, allow Him to stir your heart.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit...
I adore You! I love You!

You are everything to me! You are my breath first thing every day!

I praise You for who You are and I exalt Your Holy Name! You are my God, my King! I exalt and lift my hands to You!

Praise You as the Lord Most High!
I give You praise as Creator ~ Elohim! You are Jehovah Jireh ~ Our Provider! You are Jehovah Nissi ~ Our Protector and Our Victory! Hallelujah! I give You praise for Your provision and protection of us every day!

I exalt and lift up the Name of Jehovah Rapha ~ Our Healer! I praise You for healing and miracles
You are Adonia, El Shaddai, Lord and Master! You are the Savior of the world. Praise be to You!

You are my Peace and my Strength!
I live and move in Your precious Spirit! Come and fill me as I read Your Word! Magnify the Name of the Lord! You are worthy, so worthy of all my praise and adoration!

You alone, O God Most High! To You I bow humbly and surrender to Your
reign over me and my life.

May my lips proclaim Your mighty love and grace to all this day!
May my songs be songs of praise even in the storms! May I exalt You above all else. may Your glory fill this vessel and flow through me to others, I pray...in the precious and beloved name of Jesus...

I love You... Oh how I love You!!!

One of your daughters
Peggy

Denise said...

Dear heavenly Father, I love You beyond measure. I give You all of my praise, now and forever. You are my heart, praise will always flow from my mouth to Your ears. You are beyond worthy. Without You, I am nothing. Only You can touch my life, and make it new. I stand in amazement over You Father. I love to sing Your praises, and dance for You. Thank You for being You. I love You, I love You. one of Your daughters, Denise

Beth said...

Dear Father, I love you so very much. I am nothing without you. I praise your name and thank you for all you have done and are doing for me. No matter how bad life's circumstances get I know I can bear them with you by my side. You are worthy to be praised! I love you!

Beth

Denise said...

Dear heavenly Father, You are the great I am. You are not the great maybe, possibly, whatever, You are the great I Am. You are so powerful, so amazing, so awesome. I am in total awe of Your greatness. Thanks for being who You are. I love You. Amen

Anonymous said...

Great are You Lord, and most worthy of praise. You are a mighty fortress.

I clap my hands and sing praises of joy before You, most awesome Lord on high.

I know that You, God, reign over the nations and You, God, are seated on Your holy throne. And from that throne You may speak words of vengeance or words of protection, and it is done.

May You be exalted. Please protect Your people and help us to be united for You as we live and minister to one another in this world In Jesus' name

Denise said...

Father, heal our world. So many are hurting, we need You, we desire You. Please answer our call. We love You Father. Amen

It's Time to Pray


TheDanielPrayer_Meme_5

PRAYER for Our Nation

This was shared in an email from the Presidential Prayer Team:

Declaration of Independence Signer

Samuel Chase
George Washington (1732-1799), 1st President of the United States

"Almighty God: We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy Holy protection; and Thou wilt incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; and to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the Characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." --

This prayer of George Washington appears in St. Paul's Chapel in New York City.

To read MORE go here with Presidential Prayer Team