Saturday, August 7, 2010

TOPIC 4 TODAY: PROTECTION

moved up from July 20, 2010 for more prayers lifted to the Throne of God


PROTECTION/ REFUGE
Psalm 91:1 (32 kb)

Protection of God verses
The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: the LORD make His face to shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: the LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.


Numbers 6:24-25

Compilation of verses (my favorite in bold)(I have prayed this one so many times that I almost have it memorized):


Psalms 23:1-6; Psalms 27:1-3; Psalms 27:11-14; Psalms 37:1-9; Psalms 40:1-3;
Psalm 42:11; Psalms 46:1-3, 10-11; Psalm 55:22; Psalms 62:5-8; Psalms 91:1-16
Psalm 118:5-6; Psalms 121:1-8; Psalm 125:1-2; Proverbs 30:5-6; Isaiah 40:28; Isaiah 40:31; Jeremiah 17:7-8; Ezekiel 37:21-24; Daniel 2:20-22; Nahum 1:7;
Matthew 6:25-26; Matthew 6:28-30; Matthew 7:24-25; Matthew 10:29-30; Matthew 28:19-20; John 10:11; John 10:27-29; John 15:4-5; Romans 8:28; Romans 8:38-39
Romans 12:16; 1 Corinthians 10:12-13; Ephesians 6:11-13; Ephesians 6:13-17
Philippians 4:13; Hebrews 13:5; 1 Peter 5:6-7

~ another list of verses about God's PROTECTION by John Sachem available (just click)
"In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame;

deliver me in your righteousness. Turn your ear to me, come quickly to my rescue; be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me."

Psalm 31:1-2 (NIV)


"He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust.” Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the perilous pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers, And under His wings you shall take refuge; His truth shall be your shield and buckler"

Psalm 91:1-4 (NKJV)


"A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand;

But it shall not come near you. Only with your eyes shall you look,

And see the reward of the wicked"
Psalm 91:7-8 (NKJV)


"God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble.

Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed,

And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea."
Psalm 46:1-2 (NKJV)


"Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble;

thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance."

Psalm 32:7 (KJV)


But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.

"Let me live with you forever and find protection under your wings, my God."

"It is better to trust the LORD for protection than to trust anyone else,"

O LORD, I have come to you for protection; don't let me be disgraced.

"My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all;

and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand."

John 10:29 (KJV)
***************************
NOW IT'S TIME TO PRAY ABOUT GOD'S PROTECTION

S.W.A.P. fear, insecurity, unsafe surroundings, etc.
for
GOD'S
PROTECTION
TRUST
in Him
&
PEACE

*******************
ANY OTHER TOPIC SUGGESTIONS?

Is there any area that you would like or need
SCRIPTURE
verses?
* add it after your prayer please
(maybe use a star* and just list it/them)

It's not that I've run out of TOPICS, it's just that we would like to meet your needs. Let us know.


Each week, we hope to share different topics & verses to turn into prayers...
we would like you to SWAP "whatever it is " for what God desires to change or replace that "whatever" with HIS "BEST EVER".

Maybe you don't need to pray about the topic but if the spirit impresses upon you, perhaps you will lead by leaving a prayer for someone else who may be struggling in that area. You can always be anonymous. God knows and HE is the only One who truly matters.

Topics so far:


  • GRIEF and LOSS



  • TOPIC 4 TODAY



  • ANGER



  • TOPIC 4 TODAY



  • STRESS/Worries/ ANXIETY



  • S.W.A.P. for PEACE



  • of Jesus Christ



  • * GOD, OUR FORTRESS and PROTECTOR (part of a Bible Study on the Names of God) by



  • Dr. Ralph F. Wilson




  • "O Lord, when I am afraid, I put my trust in You. You are my Refuge and Strength, and always have been. You are my Shield and Fortress. When people threaten me with words or actions, You are my Defender, my Judge, and Vindicator. Ultimately, O Lord, You will stand with me on judgment day as my Savior. Thank You. Help me never quail in fear, but be strong in You, my Rock. Strengthen my faith. Lift up my head that I might trust in You. In Jesus' mighty name, I pray. Amen."

  • 2 comments:

    Denise said...

    Dear heavenly Father, may we all place our fears, worry, and stress into Your very capable, caring hands. You offer rest for the weary, may we accept Your offer with grateful hearts. We love You Father. Amen.

    Anonymous said...

    Heavenly Father,

    I have come to You many times asking & seeking Your Protection under many different circumstances.

    I am so thankful and so very blessed to know & see You as My Protector, My Refuge, My Strength, My Rock, My Defender. You have delivered me time & time again. You have been a Shield around me from my enemies, those that I know of and many that I have not known or seen but realized that You spared me! You have covered me, and my home and I am eternally grateful!

    I give You all the glory, honor & praise thanking You for Your Almighty Power and Grace that watches over me.Continue to keep me safe!

    I guess that there are not too many people who need prayers of Protection but I ask anyways that You would Protect and watch over each person, every child, help them to know You & come to You for their Divine Protection and safety.

    Keep us from evil and harm in Jesus Name. Each person that is out serving You also that You would keep them safe in Your Power & might. And for those who serve & defend our country, we pray Your
    Almighty Hand of Protection be on each one...I pray all of Psalm 91 for those who may need You this very night...

    I love You & I praise You for the many times I have seen Your Hand of Protection. For I am amazed & I thank You so much!

    It's Time to Pray


    TheDanielPrayer_Meme_5

    PRAYER for Our Nation

    This was shared in an email from the Presidential Prayer Team:

    Declaration of Independence Signer

    Samuel Chase
    George Washington (1732-1799), 1st President of the United States

    "Almighty God: We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy Holy protection; and Thou wilt incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; and to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the Characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." --

    This prayer of George Washington appears in St. Paul's Chapel in New York City.

    To read MORE go here with Presidential Prayer Team