Sunday, April 17, 2011

MOORE 4 MONDAY ~ PRAYING GOD'S WORD ~ 1



As I have been reading and PRAYING GOD'S WORD, I paused when I arrived at Chapter 9 of Beth Moore's "Praying God's Word"; "Overcoming Ongoing Feelings of Guilt", and God spoke to me once again to share this one here. Not because you or I need a "guilt trip" for this week, but so that you, as I found out for myself... have been through this in our life long journey, and by God's divine grace, can overcome ongoing feelings of guilt. Some of this was due to the church I was raised in and became norm for me each Lent and especially this week.

All I can say is you really should read every word that Beth writes in this chapter (p.170-175) (as in each chapter filled with such wise words of teaching) and find true freedom and Godly sorrow;
the key element; the difference between repentance and regret. Beth tells us that the primary purposes of each scripture-prayer in this chapter is "to help ensure the presence of true repentance; and then to help the truly repentant to bask in the freedom of forgiveness." 

I decided as we prepare during this Holy Week for the Crucifixion and the Resurrection of Christ, we each need to set time aside to PRAY these verses... and allow God to change our hearts to Godly sorrow (of true work of God in our hearts for true freedom)... Hallelujah... so we REJOICE! May we invite God to bring about His supernatural work in our hearts of Godly sorrow and true repentance of anything that is holding us back from our past, present or future in Jesus Christ... "It's time to stand in God's promises and walk out in His truth..."

Father, I thank You that if my heart has been responsive and I humbled myself before You,... and if I have had a heart like those who tore their robes and wept in Your presence, that You heard me. (2 Kings 22:19) 

See, O Lord, how distressed I am! I am in torment within, and in my heart I am disturbed, for I have been most rebellious. Outside, the sword bereaves; inside, there is only death. (Lamentations 1:20) Thank You, Lord, that I can be assured You will never forsake one of Your children crying out in agony over sin.

Lord God, I count on You not to withhold Your mercy from me; may Your love and Your truth always protect me... (Psalm 40: 11-12) now you continue TO PRAY this Psalm and pray these that pertain to overcoming feelings of GUILT:

Psalm 41:4
Psalm 40:2-4
Psalm 32:5
Psalm 51: 1,2, 10
Psalm 6:9
Psalm 102:19-20
Psalm 126:5-6
Psalm 139:23-24
Psalm 38: 4, 6, 8-10, 18,21-22
Psalm 51:7-8
Psalm 51:17
Psalm 130:3-8

I will be sharing MOORE Praying God's Word each day this week on "Overcoming Feelings of Guilt"... prayers from Beth and scriptures. Come and PRAY GOD'S WORD with me! Let's try one now...choose any scripture and let it become your prayer and leave it here for others in "Prayer Lifted to the Throne". Let us come before Him with Godly sorrow, repentanr hearts and leave the Throne Room with no guilt and no regrets.


It's Time to Pray


TheDanielPrayer_Meme_5

PRAYER for Our Nation

This was shared in an email from the Presidential Prayer Team:

Declaration of Independence Signer

Samuel Chase
George Washington (1732-1799), 1st President of the United States

"Almighty God: We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy Holy protection; and Thou wilt incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; and to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the Characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." --

This prayer of George Washington appears in St. Paul's Chapel in New York City.

To read MORE go here with Presidential Prayer Team