Sunday, March 6, 2011

DAILY PRAYER ~ TRUSTING IN GOD ~ March 6th

Germaine Copeland author of "Prayers that Avail Much"



Prayers That Avail Much: 25th Anniversary Commemorative Gift Edition (Prayers That Avail Much) (Prayers That Avail Much)

Trusting in God

The little girl wouldn't jump off the porch unless her daddy was there to catch her. Why? Because she was confident that he would catch her and swing her up in his strong arms. She placed herself in his keeping without fear or misgiving. You may have put this kind of trust in someone who betrayed you and let you down...someone who didn't catch you or maybe even harmed you. You can forgive those who have mistreated you and persuade your mind that God will never let you down or betray you. He is not a man that He should lie; He is truth and you can rely on His truthfulness. Come before Him with confident trust...He will never fail you or leave you without support.

PRAYER
As the deer pants for water, so I long for you, O God. I thirst for you, the living God. In the name of Jesus, I resist discouragement because I expect you to act! For I know thatI shall again have plenty of reason to praise you for all that you will do. You are my help! You are my God! I place my trust in you, and I shall again praise you for your wondrous help; you make me smile again, for you are my God. Amen and Amen.

Scripture Reading: Psalm 42 and 43
The daily prayer is written by Germaine Copeland, author of the Prayers That Avail Much family book series.
©2011 Word Ministries, Inc.



Just trying this out in hopes that we can use this for the "40 DAYS AWAY" and I found out that if I do not catch it and copy the one for the day,it will change to the current day, which would make all the prayers not fit

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Father God,

How I love the image of the deer and I want to thirst for You like the deer does for water, I desire to thirst for Your Living Word!

I have wallowed far too long on days like today, the 6th of the month and You know all to well why... and that it falls on a Sunday! I get all caught up and easily find my soul downcast or disturbed, saddened and grieving once again. Then I remember Psalm 42 and Your Word to me this year of JOY!

I know where You are Lord and I'd like for others to see that I do. But in my quiet place, isolated away from the crowds, I pour out or cry out my soul to You. I recall the moments when I would shout out with joy and praise! I thank You Mighty One still for Your protection, though my shouts of joy and praise may not always be that festive on some days, I will return to that place another day.

Because I put my hope in God. I will yet praise You, my Savior and my God.

My soul will not remain downcast. Though deep calls to deep in the roar of Your waterfalls; all Your waves and breakers have swept over me... I swim for the Rock!

By day, Lord, direct Your love in my life and at night, may Your song be with me. Today, I listen to the song of Your sweet birds as they bring me Your song! I thank You for the light hearted chirp that brings me some momentary Joy. Yet, You know me so well that by now You must see that I have not done well with momentary joys, I need Your Joy that lasts forever. It is in Your Joy that I gain strength. The other joys of life are fleeting at best and many times, have brought me to a downfall. Forgive me Father that I am so easily downtrodden and fall back into poor, unhealthy habits of choice. Change me Lord as I repent and prepare for days ahead where I will repent for my sin and my oversights and my poor choices.

You are my Rock!

I must not go about mourning any longer. I will not allow my bones to suffer mortal agony or the foes to taunt me or oppress me by the enemy. I have given into this far too long.

I put my hope in You, O God.
I will praise You as my Savior and God. I will run to the Rock that is so much higher than I, and cling to You for my protection, my safety, my trust. Lift me out of the waves and breakers as You have done before and raise me up upon the Rock, where I will lie in Your arms.

Psalm 42 personalized for me...

Anonymous said...

Psalm 43

Vindicate me, My God and plead my cause against an unfaithful nation.

Rescue me from those who are deceitful and wicked.

You are God my stronghold.

please do not reject me any longer-
nor allow me to go about mourning, oppressed by the enemy... this surrenders me to being helpless and in You, I am anything but helpless or hopeless because in Christ I am deeply significant...thank You!

Send me Your Light! Thank You for the many times that You have sent Your light in my darkness!

Thank You for sending me Your faithful care!

Let Your Light and Your faithful care lead me.

Let Your light and care bring me to Your holy mountain.

Bring me to the place where You dwell and dwell in me.

May I go to the altar of God, to You, God... You are my Joy and my
Delight.

I will praise You with an instrument for You are my God.

Soul, my soul, do not waste anymore time being downcast. Do not be disturbed within me!

Today I put my hope in God and praise Him continually as my Savior and my God! Help me to be a worthy vessel so that You will abide in me as I seek to abide in You!

In Jesus I pray...

It's Time to Pray


TheDanielPrayer_Meme_5

PRAYER for Our Nation

This was shared in an email from the Presidential Prayer Team:

Declaration of Independence Signer

Samuel Chase
George Washington (1732-1799), 1st President of the United States

"Almighty God: We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy Holy protection; and Thou wilt incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; and to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the Characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." --

This prayer of George Washington appears in St. Paul's Chapel in New York City.

To read MORE go here with Presidential Prayer Team