Monday, March 28, 2011

PRAYER CHALLENGE DAY 18


CHALLENGE TAKEN from the pdf mentioned back here
Suggestion for today from there:

Day 18:  Pray that you will be salt and light today and that you will be a good influence to those around you today.  The average person who just lives a normal non-eventful life will influence 10,000 people in his lifetime.  People are watching you.  Ask God to allow His Spirit to be in control of your heart today, through meditated words of life. 

DAILY PRAYER from Germaine Copeland ... author of "Prayers that Avail Much"
Prayers That Avail Much: 25th Anniversary Commemorative Gift Edition (Prayers That Avail Much) (Prayers That Avail Much)
Free From Fear
The grandmother called to talk about the fear that she lived with. She was so afraid that something dreadful might happen to her husband, children or grandchildren. How could she overcome this torment? We prayed for her family from Psalm 91. You can turn fear out of doors by declaring your faith in God's Word. Praying aloud will stop the tormenting thoughts. Believe God; He is faithful, and He watches over His word to perform it. 

PRAYER:
Father, in the name of Jesus, I thank You for delivering me from the fear of death. You are with me; I will not be afraid. You are my God, and I will not be dismayed. I have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear, but I have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. Amen.



The daily prayer is written by Germaine Copeland, author of the Prayers That Avail Much family book series.
©2011 Word Ministries, Inc.



1 comment:

Peggy said...

Lord Jesus, Help me to be salt and light today. May I be a good influence to my students and in my Bible study. May they see Your light shine through me.

Holy Spirit, Take control of me. May You control my heart, my words and my actions. May the Word I read today be reflected in me. May I meditate on the verses from today's prayer and the ones that we looked at in our Bible Study about "fear".
Thank You that You have told us not to fear but also have shown us how not to fear but be strong in Your power and Your love.

Father, It is so like You that the prayer here today and the theme in Bible study would go together. Thank You that You have not given me a spirit of fear, but one of love and power and a sound mind.

Your Word in Psalms 34 tells me that when I seek You, Lord, You will answer me and deliver me from all my fears. Thank You, that in the name of Jesus, I am delivered from the fear of death and the power of sin and death over me. I have received the Spirit of adoption. I love You Abba, Father.
I love You, Jesus, my Lord. Thank You for showing us how to pray to Abba as our Papa and grow closer to You!

It's Time to Pray


TheDanielPrayer_Meme_5

PRAYER for Our Nation

This was shared in an email from the Presidential Prayer Team:

Declaration of Independence Signer

Samuel Chase
George Washington (1732-1799), 1st President of the United States

"Almighty God: We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy Holy protection; and Thou wilt incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; and to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the Characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." --

This prayer of George Washington appears in St. Paul's Chapel in New York City.

To read MORE go here with Presidential Prayer Team