Monday, March 21, 2011

PRAYER CHALLENGE DAY 12


CHALLENGE TAKEN from the pdf mentioned back here

Suggestion for today from there:

Day 12:  Pray today for your faith to be tested.  

Ask God to let the trials and tribulations be manifested in your life so you can examine yourself and see where you stand.  Conflict and adversities are not always bad.  Our response to them helps us to realize where more growth needs to take place.  You may be very patient towards things (flat tires, broken dishwasher) but patience towards people (who annoy you, are busybodies, talk all the time) might be thin. 

Last week, I mentioned that Tuesdays here at The Lighthouse of Prayer are for focusing on a specific Topic or Theme. Last Tuesday, since we are in the 40 days of Lent, I chose REPENTANCE. I was hoping that perhaps someone might suggest one that they or someone that they know may need either from God's Promises with Charles Stanley's In Touch list or from the chapters in Beth Moore's book, "Praying God's Word". Since that did not happen, I must choose again... so for this week's TUESDAY'S TOPIC. When I was preparing for my 40 Days Away to Pray and I had looked at the Online Lent Retreat... I had marked down the word "INTEGRITY" for the second week of Lent. So I'm going with INTEGRITY...
"Let us pray   in this season of Lent for the gift of integrity. 
Father of light,
in You is found no shadow of change
but only the fullness of life and limitless truth.
 
Open our hearts to the voice of Your Word and free us from the original darkness that shadows our vision. Restore our sight that we may look upon Your Son who calls us to repentance and a change of heart, for He lives and reigns with You for ever and ever."
Daily Meditation:Listen to him.  
It is wonderful to begin this week acknowledging that we need God's help in listening and hearing. It is so powerful to ask for the "gift of integrity" - to express our desire for wholeness. And, we humbly ask for light in the midst of whatever might "shadow our vision." This is the God who allows Jesus to be transfigured before his disciples, to prepare them for what they were about to face. This is our God, who can give each of us the change of heart we ask for.
How would you define "integrity"


In Touch Ministries (Charles Stanley) shares a list of God's Promises in Scripture on "Integrity" here.

Many are from Psalms and Proverbs. I have chosen Psalm 15:1-5 to PRAY GOD'S WORD... for today.

"O Lord, who may abide in Your tent? Who may dwell on Your holy hill? He who walks with integrity, and works righteousness, and speaks truth in his heart. He does not slander with his tongue, nor does evil to his neighbor, nor takes up a reproach against his friend; In whose eyes a reprobate is despised, but who honors those who fear the Lord; He swears to his own hurt and does not change; He does not put out his money at interest, nor does he take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be shaken." Psalm 15:1-5

O Lord, May I abide in Your tent. May I dwell on Your Holy Hill. May I delight in coming away with You each one of these 40 days and find comfort, peace, rest and even integrity as I abide and dwell in Your Presence. May I be still and hear You. Help me to walk with integrity. Show me how to work righteousness. I know that You have tested my faith, now teach me to grow from that testing.


May I speak truths from Your Word to others and even to myself to remind me "You are in control"... "You are God, I am not"... "You are Lord, and I must obey You at Your spoken Word daily... I must seek Your Word, for You are my Strength, my Refuge, my Shelter. Keep my tongue from slander and evil. May I always refrain from reproach, especially against a friend. 


Teach me to fear the Lord so that I may find honor. Change me O Lord as You will. Take away any hurt that is still lingering or holding me from Your Presence and abiding. I seek You with all my heart and thirst and hunger to hear You speak to me. Guard me and how I take care of money, no interest and no bribes.  Let me follow these ways so that I may not be shaken and I will be found on Your Holy hill among those with a solid integrity in You. Thank You for Your righteousness and Your Word that promises integrity. Your Word speaks integrity. Thank You for the example of integrity in Jesus Christ... in the authority of Jesus Christ, I come against the corruption around me and the many that lack integrity. I will be complete in You and my wholeness will be my integrity as my morales show the values that You would have me possess and demonstrate to others.


Purify me and my ways Lord... may integrity be integrated in my character and every fiber of my being gives You thanks, praise and glory for the integrity You
showed us...


Now it's your turn take a topic, find a verse or God's Promise in scripture and turn it into your prayer...


* Germaine Copeland, author of "Prayers that Avail Much" has a search feature and I did one for INTEGRITY and she has a list of 26 different ones that came up. Here is one I chose from hers:

To Display Integrity 
Father, when You test my heart, may You be pleased with my honesty. In everything I do, may I set an example by doing what is good. 
In my place of business may I show integrity, seriousness and soundness of speech that cannot be condemned, so that those who oppose me may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about me. I purpose to manage, as David did, with integrity of heart; with skillful hands he led the people. 
Father, I thank You that the integrity of the upright guides me. May I be blameless in Your sight so that I wll receive a good inheritance. Let it be said of me by all men, “We know you are a person of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth.” 
Judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, according to my integrity, O Most High, and make me secure and guard me in Your righteousness. In my integrity You uphold me and set me in Your presence forever.
In Jesus’ name I pray, amen. 
Scripture References:1 Chronicles 29:17 NIV Matthew 22:16 NIV
Titus 2:7,8 NIV Psalm 7:8 NIV
Psalm 78:12 NIV Proverbs 13:5 NIV
Proverbs 11:3 NIV Psalm 41:12 NIV
Proverbs 28:10 NIV
©2011 Word Ministries, Inc.

2 comments:

Germaine Copeland said...

DAILY PRAYER from Germaine Copeland

... author of "Prayers that Avail Much"

Living A Good Life
Are you enjoying a good life, or have you allowed your mind to be filled with gloom and doom? Tha life of God is available to you because He sent Jesus so you can enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). The Father's intent is that you will experience His extravagant goodness, and come behind in no gift.

PRAYER:
Father, I desire to know you more intimately, for as I know you better, you will give me, through your great power, everything I need for living a truly good life. You even share your own glory and your own goodness with me! Lord Jesus, you have made me a king and priest � a royal house to serve as a priest unto God, my Father. I give you everlasting glory! You rule forever! You are an awesome God. Amen!

Scripture Reading: John 10:10; 2 Peter 1:3; Revelation 1:6

The daily prayer is written by Germaine Copeland, author of the Prayers That Avail Much family book series.
©2011 Word Ministries, Inc.

Anonymous said...

*not a prayer on integrity

Holy God, I pray for those today who are in the middle of life's earthquakes. You know those for whom I am concerned. You know I care about their struggles which are too big for me to mitigate and too painful for me to truly bring comfort. I ask You now to bless them, be with them, and please deliver them quickly. You are our only true hope and Jesus is our only sure redeemer. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ I pray.
***
Psalm 46:1-2 (03-22-11)
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea.
— Psalm 46:1-2 (NIV)
***
Thoughts on Today's Verse...

God is not only our protector; He is our helper. Even when our world seems to be crashing around us, He is there. He will deliver us from death or deliver us through death. He will deliver us from evil or He will deliver us to overcome evil. Our task is to trust that in the midst of our earthquakes and tidal waves that we are not alone and not abandoned.

It's Time to Pray


TheDanielPrayer_Meme_5

PRAYER for Our Nation

This was shared in an email from the Presidential Prayer Team:

Declaration of Independence Signer

Samuel Chase
George Washington (1732-1799), 1st President of the United States

"Almighty God: We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy Holy protection; and Thou wilt incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; and to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the Characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." --

This prayer of George Washington appears in St. Paul's Chapel in New York City.

To read MORE go here with Presidential Prayer Team