Wednesday, March 9, 2011

God’s Irresistible Love

God's Irresistible Love


Heavenly Father, As I begin this journey in Your Word and Prayer, I join in with the Word that Brenda shares today and I make the following prayer in response to Your Irresistible Love, her prayer - my prayer... Thank You for this Word today 

"Lord, help me to rest in You in such a way that I am flexible to move with the very wind of heaven. May my heart never be rigid or set in its own way and cause me to miss the simple beauty of loving You. It isn’t as complicated as I sometimes like to make it. Teach me to dance in time to the moving of Holy Spirit and the freedom Your blood bought for me. There is no other banner greater than the blood-stained banner of Your sacrifice. I am anchored in You, my rock and strong foundation. Move through my life and remove every hindrance to freedom and liberty in the Spirit.
Help me to stay flexible, even be fluid, when it comes to responding to You and Your Word. You are indeed Lord of the outcome, for You have already been where I am going. Teach me to dance with You in an uninhibited and totally abandoned way as I proclaim who I am according to Your Word. I am the delight of Your heart and the apple of Your eye. My name is carved in Your hand and I am ever before Your face. I am Yours and You are mine. Amen" ~ Brenda's Journal of the Heart, "God's Irresistible Love"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yet even now, says the LORD,
return to me with your whole heart,
with fasting, and weeping, and mourning;

Rend your hearts, not your garments,
and return to the LORD, your God.
For gracious and merciful is he,
slow to anger, rich in kindness,
and relenting in punishment.
- Joel 2:12-13
Reading for Ash Weds.

Anonymous said...

Today God our Father brings us to the beginning of Lent.

We pray that in this time of salvation He will fill us with the Holy Spirit, purify our hearts,
and strengthen us in love.
Let us humbly ask Him:
Lord, give us Your Holy Spirit.


May we be filled and satisfied,
- by the word which You give us.
Teach us to be loving not only in great and exceptional moments,
- but above all in the ordinary events of daily life.
May we abstain from what we do not really need,
- and help our brothers and sisters in distress.
May we bear the wounds of Your Son in our bodies,
- for through His body He gave us life.


Lord,
It feels like we are embarking on a Lenten journey together, You and I.

The beautiful words in the today's prayer talk about the "quiet remembrance of our need for redemption."

That feels like what I am looking for -
or what You are looking for in me.

I want to remember how much I need You in my life and how much my life needs redemption.

I want to remember it clearly and
in the background of my day today and all through Lent.

On this special day, Ash Wednesday,
may my small sacrifices in fasting be a way to clear away the clutter in my life to see You more clearly.
May my longing for meat and other food, help me to focus my life today more outside myself.

Let me be aware of those who are in so much more suffering than I am
and may I be aware of them as the brothers and sisters You have placed in my life.

Lord, I know there is darkness within me and around me.
Bless these days with Your Word.
Let Your Light shine in the darkness.
Help me long for that Light
until we celebrate it at the Vigil six weeks from now.

And most of all Lord,
help me to honor this day, help me remember where I have come from and where I am going.
May I acknowledge to You my sins
and my deep need for Your loving forgiveness and grace.

I pray that this Lenten season will make me so much more aware of how much I need Your healing in my life.


May the Lord bless us,
protect us from all evil
and bring us to everlasting life.
Amen.

It's Time to Pray


TheDanielPrayer_Meme_5

PRAYER for Our Nation

This was shared in an email from the Presidential Prayer Team:

Declaration of Independence Signer

Samuel Chase
George Washington (1732-1799), 1st President of the United States

"Almighty God: We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy Holy protection; and Thou wilt incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; and to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the Characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." --

This prayer of George Washington appears in St. Paul's Chapel in New York City.

To read MORE go here with Presidential Prayer Team