Wednesday, March 9, 2011

PRAYER CHALLENGE LINK UP


4PRAYER REQUESTS: "PETITIONS to GOD'S THRONE for MARCH" is below this or just click
*This is the same post from last week moved forward to add the LINKY at the end if you are taking this challenge. Hope you will spend some of your time here in PRAYER! You can join anytime.
I have decided that I need to challenge myself and ALL of us to press in MORE in our PRAYER LIFE! Hopefully you noticed the addition of DAILY PRAYER above to encourage you to PRAY. God has impressed this CHALLENGE on me for the 40 days of "LENT", March 9th through April 23rd,  then Easter - Resurrection Sunday.  God still has not clearly led me on how to bring others together to pray or more of what this CHALLENGE should include other than PRAYER. 


Many of you know that prayer is important to me. Actually, individual prayer is essential, yet there is no denying that God wants us to bring other people into our prayer life. The Bible is our prayer book. We should not only read the Word but also pray it.


Did you know through prayer literally everything in the world can change? More importantly, Do you truly believe that  and that "The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much." (James 5:16b)?


Back in the late 80s, this concept altered my prayer life to learning more of God's Word in order to deepen my prayer time with Him and begin to use scriptures in my prayers. The first book, I used is the first one shared below and our new addition DAILY above followed by "Prayers that Prevail", that I have shared before also here. Beth and I also have enjoyed many books by Stormie Omartian that I share from frequently on my other blog in my Secret Garden, but "Praying through the Bible" truly does bring us power and through the Holy Spirit. My recent "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore has led me to her "Praying God's Word" and caused me to STOP blogging for these 40 Days Away to PRAY God's Word.
My CHALLENGE is nothing specific at this time, other than praying each day. I would like to get your ideas or feedback but since this started out as Spirit of God prompting me, I will pray that He leads you and prompts you TO PRAY. 


(1) I'd like to encourage as part of the CHALLENGE, you consider finding a PRAYER PARTNER. I do not do FACEBOOK but there is a great group there for those of you who do being started and I found a beautiful definition of prayer partner in their INFO. Also Our Daily Bread has a wonderful prayer article and the 6th paragraph is about prayer partners. There are so many benefits in "praying together" as is our intent here... with our PRAYER REQUEST and main verses from Ecclesiastes 4:12 and Matthew 18:20


(2) My next encouragement will be to select VERSES in Scripture to change into your PRAYER. To be effective, fervent prayers by using God's Word and praying His Word back to Him. You may use a verse from a daily Bible reading or perhaps choose a theme/topic of something that God is speaking to you (such as JOY, or maybe ones from Lent, SORROW, REPENTANCE, FORGIVENESS...) 
Your choice, of course.


(3) I will not ask anyone to UNPLUG from BLOGGING as I have chosen to do, for me this is a personal way to FAST and better FOCUS. So this is totally up to YOU but I do suggest strongly that Good Friday would be one day that you would consider DOING this!


I searched for "40 days of prayers" and then for themes and finally studies on PRAYER.  


Today I discovered a church that started a great 30 day challenge and a new site I'm trying out, without an account, but strongly considering using EXAMEN.me during my 40 DAYS AWAY!
I Support EXAMEN.me
(links from our right sidebar if this does not)
I signed up with American Bible Society for another one of their Journeys but its only a 7 day one on Prayer


Dr.Ralph Wilson also has some specific Lenten studies and one on Prayers at Jesus Walk.


Dr. Charles Stanley, In Touch, "Fight Your Battle on Your Knees" and much more plus ACTS CHALLENGE... and 140 Day Prayer for our nation... GOD'S PROMISES on many topics


Prayer Central has 3 Prayer devotionals daily: ABC's of Prayer, Draw Near, and In His Name


Also, Barbara Lardinais, over at Hannah's Cupboard has a beautiful PRAYER CLOSET, with wonderful daily devotionals and also two sections in the prayer closet: All Prayers in the Bible and Great Prayers in the Bible. I really love the part called PRAYER WALKING and that has become such a part of  my life since my home church taught me this back in the 90s. 


And of course, the aforementioned books are each EXCELLENT in PRAYING GOD'S WORD!


(4) Taking one day a week to come here and pray for anyone on the PRAYER REQUESTS would be a real blessing to them and to us. When you visit blogs, make notice of their prayer needs or perhaps they have posted about a prayer need, please bring those here and add them. I'd like for more people to commit but again this is just an appeal.


(5) JOIN ME and leave PRAYERS here or in any post instead of comments, write a prayer from your heart, from God's Word or one that ministers to you... 


I will put a LINKY up here next week if the Holy Spirit leads me to do this ... and at this point, I just ask you to PRAY about this and whether God is SPEAKING to YOU to COME AWAY and PRAY


I may appear here with posts on "Praying God's Word" by sharing a scripture and a prayer from the above but I believe that having that new FEATURE of Germaine Copeland daily more than does this. 


I pray that this will encourage you to DRAW NEAR and spend time praying for others, our world and the lost, especially your own family and friends. There is too much going on in our world that we need to be praying about, united and according to God's will and Word. 


BY LINKING UP, PUT YOUR NAME or BLOG but you do not need to post about this nor do you need to post a prayer daily here or on your blog - this is between YOU and GOD, YOU are just committing to FOCUSING on PRAYER for the next 40 days however you choose to do this... the above are only suggestions! Thank you!
*****************************************






* since comments here are meant to be PRAYERS only. I have closed comments here but you are more than welcome to leave any comments about this over at my other blog. Next week, I specifically have a few posts on this and videos on "Praying God's Word" with Beth Moore then I close down for 40 days over there starting today Weds. 


PRAYER CHALLENGE DAY 1
PRAYER CHALLENGE DAY 2
PRAYER CHALLENGE DAY 3
PRAYER CHALLENGE DAY 4
PRAYER CHALLENGE DAY 5
PRAYER CHALLENGE DAY 6
PRAYER CHALLENGE DAY 7
PRAYER CHALLENGE DAY 8



It's Time to Pray


TheDanielPrayer_Meme_5

PRAYER for Our Nation

This was shared in an email from the Presidential Prayer Team:

Declaration of Independence Signer

Samuel Chase
George Washington (1732-1799), 1st President of the United States

"Almighty God: We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy Holy protection; and Thou wilt incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; and to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the Characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." --

This prayer of George Washington appears in St. Paul's Chapel in New York City.

To read MORE go here with Presidential Prayer Team