Sunday, March 13, 2011

PRAYER CHALLENGE DAY 5


CHALLENGE TAKEN from the pdf mentioned back here

Suggestion for today from there:
Day 5: "Pray for the courage and ability to start talking with someone at work, school, bank, and store about the beauties of the Christian family where you worship.  Ask for the mind to remember all the wonderful things people do and the great attitudes of how you love each other.  Pray for the strength to ask one person this week to an event, like roving class, social, singing where they can see how Christians live and relate to them as normal people dealing with life also. "
 
Today I move into sharing from Beth Moore's book,
PRAYING GOD'S WORD

If you still like the "PRAYERS THAT AVAIL MUCH" from Germaine Copeland, that will be a fixed DAILY PRAYER feature at the end of the blog (scroll all the way down the page)... it should change daily to a new prayer. You are welcome to share your prayer from there, pray the scripture(s) that her prayer shared or write your own anywhere... perhaps it would be good for you to keep a daily prayer journal of your prayers. That is one of the advantages to using EXAMEN.ME.


I also came across an Online Retreat (which is more Catholic but very enlightening and you can always read from your own Bible and use this site as a guide, I truly was blessed by the Audio conversation Preparing for lent for Ash Wednesday). We can go all together on an online retreat... I like that idea! That is how I envision all of us PRAYING and united as one chord.

Since over at my regular blog...Mondays was Moore 4 Monday... I felt compelled to share Beth Moore's "Praying God's Word" today. Beth covers 14 different chapters with hundreds of examples of praying the Word of God, verse by verse, for the topic. Since it is so hard to choose for all of us, allow me to list the various topics available (you will see how this is the perfect companion to the "Breaking Free" book): 
1) Overcoming Idolatry; 2) Overcoming Unbelief; 3) Overcoming Pride; 4) Overcoming Deception; 5) Overcoming the Insecurity of Feeling Unloved; 6) Overcoming Feelings of Rejection; 7) Overcoming Addictions; Overcoming Food Strongholds; 8) Overcoming Ongoing Feelings of Guilt; 9) Overcoming Despair Resulting from Loss; 10) Overcoming Unforgiveness; 11) Overcoming Depression; 12) Overcoming Sexual Strongholds; 13) Overcoming the Enemy... and the last chapter (14) says "Now it's Your Turn"... well, in this prayer journey, every day is your turn... (if you find any of these to be of value to you, let me know and I'll try to share some of the many scriptures on that topic for you to pray). May our hearts be transformed and more like God through reading His Word and PRAYING it. 

Clearly the theme that connects all of these is OVERCOMING a DIFFICULTY. So I've gone this week to God's promises with In Touch Ministries and found this on the list there. These are the scriptures given for "Overcoming a Difficulty" :

Romans 8:28; Romans 8:38-39
2 Timothy 1:12-13
Job 22:29
2 Thessalonians 2:15-17; 2 Thessalonians 3:3-5
Isaiah 35:3-6; Isaiah 41:10; Isaiah 51:11
1 Timothy 6:17-19
Luke 12:28-31
Ephesians 4:26-27
Revelations 3:21
1 Peter 5:8-10
2 Corinthians 4:7-9; 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
John 14:1; John 14:27
Hebrews 10:35-36
Philippians 1:6; Philippians 4:6-8
Galatians 6:9
Psalm 11:3-7; Psalm 31:24; Psalm 34:6-10; Psalm 118:8; Psalm 138:7; Psalm 142:1-7

"Be strong and let your heart take courage, All you who hope in the Lord."
Let's us choose any of these scriptures on OVERCOMING to use and form our prayer today. Maybe if you are struggling to overcome a particular difficulty, you can be more specific in your own prayer journal or with your prayer partner.  If it is something that you would like prayer, remember you can add yourself to our PETITIONS for March (even unspoken prayers, God answers and we share and pray with you, you do not have to reveal anything and you can always remain anonymous, God knows who you are and what you need).  For a brief example, I have chosen the last scripture from Psalm 31:24...
Heavenly Father,  
Your Word tells us to be strong. Help me understand how to be strong in ____(fill in the area you need help in overcoming) this area of my weakness. Show me how my heart can take courage. 
Thank You for speaking courage into my heart, soul and being as I meditate on this Word. Praise be to You,in whom I find hope, O Lord. Fill me with new hope. Encourage me today! Give me Your strength and cover my heart with Your courage! I ask that You help me to overcome and find the victory over this difficulty. For You are my Victory! I hope in You! I await seeing the victory over this in Jesus Name, I believe and pray... thank You... To You be all glory and honor and praise!!! I love You!
Praying that you find strength today to begin being an overcomer. Thank you for joining in prayer. May God give you the courage and ability to continue on this prayer challenge and journey.


* Remember the DAILY PRAYER is at the end of the blog but I copied it also in the comment section here "PRAYERS LIFTED to the Throne of God" and PETITIONS to GOD'S THRONE
for March click hereTo find out more about this PRAYER CHALLENGE and/or  LINK UP please click here and read.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DAILY PRAYER from Germaine Copeland
author of "Prayers that Avail Much"

Children of God
When you were a child, you may have never received the nurturing and affirmation that you need to overcome obstacles to your success. There is a heavenly Father who wants to reveal Himself to you and define who you are. Let go of the past, and forgive those who have hurt you. When your father and your mother forsake you, the LORD will take care of you (Psalm 27:10). You have a Heavenly Father who chose you to be His very own child. He accepts you, and gives you His power and ability. You are a joint-heir with Jesus, and your Father is not withholding any good thing from you. You are not an orphan; you are not fatherless. Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God (1 John 3:1a)!

PRAYER
Father, thank You for working within me, giving me an obedient heart, for helping me do what You want. In everything I do, I purpose to stay away from complaining and arguing. I will live a clean, innocent life as a child of God in a dark world. May my life shine out among the inhabitants of this world like a beacon light as I hold out to them the Word of Life. I offer this prayer in the name of Jesus. Amen.


Scripture Reading:
Philippians 2:13-16
The daily prayer is written by Germaine Copeland, author of the Prayers That Avail Much family book series.
©2011 Word Ministries, Inc.

Peggy said...

Romans 8:28; Romans 8:38-39

Father, According to Your Word in Romans, You tell us that You work all things for the good of those who love You. We love You Father! Many times we fail to show our love when we choose to go our own way and not obey You. Help us Lord for we have been called according to Your purpose and we need You, Holy Spirit to guide and direct us each day toward Your purpose for us. Some of us are searching for Your purpose for us yet we may be in Your purpose right where we are and not see what You purpose for us. Open our eyes oh Lord and help us to see more clearly.

I thank You Lord Jesus that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will separate us from Your love that is in Christ Jesus, our Lord. I praise You that I am convinced of this and desire MORE of You each day in me, working through me with Your love for others. May our love abound and deepen for others; someone at work, school, bank, store, anywhere You lead us to courageously share You or the beauty of the Christian family. Give us courage to invite them to an activity at our church so they can see. I ask that You would remind me of all the wonderful things people do and the great attitudes of how we love each other in Jesus' name. Give us the strength to ask just one.

We love You! We give You all the glory, power, praise and thanks now and forevermore.

GodsOwn/Bernice said...

PRAYER TO SEEK GOD CONTINUALLY
O Lord my God, I believe in you, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit... Insofar as I can, Insofar as you have given me the power, I have sought you. I became weary and I laboured. O Lord my God, My sole hope, help me to believe And never to cease seeking you. Grant that I may always and ardently Seek out your countenance. Give me the strength to seek you, For you help me to find you And you have more and more given me the hope of finding you. Here I am before you With my firmness and my infirmity. Preserve the first and heal the second.. Here I am before you With my strength and my ignorance. Where you have opened the door to me, Welcome me at the entrance; Where you have closed the door to me, Open to my cry; Enable me to remember you, To understand you, And to love you.
Amen.
(Prayer of St. Augustine of Hippo)

It's Time to Pray


TheDanielPrayer_Meme_5

PRAYER for Our Nation

This was shared in an email from the Presidential Prayer Team:

Declaration of Independence Signer

Samuel Chase
George Washington (1732-1799), 1st President of the United States

"Almighty God: We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy Holy protection; and Thou wilt incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; and to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the Characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." --

This prayer of George Washington appears in St. Paul's Chapel in New York City.

To read MORE go here with Presidential Prayer Team