Thursday, March 10, 2011

PRAYER CHALLENGE DAY 3


CHALLENGE TAKEN from the pdf mentioned back here
Day 3:  Pray that you will be the best spouse you can be today.  Pray that you will not take your spouse for granted and be selfish or insensitive.  Ask for strength to focus on loving your spouse more, always treating him/her with compassion.  Pray that you will change any neglectful and negative attitudes toward your spouse.
Single Christians:
Pray that God will help you see the characters flaws in your life today.  Pray for the strength to write them down and to start working on them today, so you will be a better person when the right person comes along.  Pray for the ability to use your status of single to do more things for the body of Christ
TODAY'S
 FEARLESS FRIDAY 
with Angela at Free Spirit Haven

Photobucket
and also
SWEET P's

with Tiffany at

Some of Tiffany's recent Sweet P's include PRAYER for PEACE, PRAYER for the LONELY and today PRAYER FOR THE SUFFERING

Both are excellent examples of prayer!
Both blogs and meme carnivals are great opportunities to join others in PRAYER!
3/11/11

As the Lord leads, please pray now:
  • For the recovery efforts in Japan mounted by local citizens and personnel from the U.S. military.
  • For those still in the path of the tsunami as it crosses into the U.S. coastal waters.
  • For the many who have suffered losses. For families who have lost loved ones; for others whose property losses are unsurmountable.
Keep updated by visiting PRAYER WATCH - a 24/7 prayer tool.

***********

DAILY PRAYER from Germaine Copeland

... author of "Prayers that Avail Much"




Prayers That Avail Much: 25th Anniversary Commemorative Gift Edition (Prayers That Avail Much) (Prayers That Avail Much)

The Word and His Voice
God does speak to His people today. Some do not hear Him; others misunderstand Him because they haven't studied; haven't read and meditated on the Scriptures. Satan tries to imitate the voice of the Father, but he is the father of lies and cannot speak truth. The Bible says that we are not ignorant of the enemy's devices, so if what you're hearing doesn't agree with the Word of God, don't listen to that voice. God will manifest Himself to you, and you will know Him and His ways, which He has revealed in His Word. God's Voice and His Word will always agree. 


PRAYER

Thank You Father, for teaching and training me to recognize the voice of the Good Shepherd. I'll not follow the voice of a stranger. Your Voice and Your Word agree; You and Your Word are one. Thank You for Truth that exposes the false and counterfeit. I delight in Your Word, which is eternal. Your Word is Light dispelling the darkness. Your Word is Life swallowing up death. Hallelujah! I praise You in the name of Jesus. Amen.


Scripture Reading: John 10
The daily prayer is written by Germaine Copeland, author of the Prayers That Avail Much family book series.

©2011 Word Ministries, Inc.


*To find out more about this PRAYER CHALLENGE and/or LINK UP please click here and read.


5 comments:

Sharon said...

Dear Heavenly Father,

How grateful I am for Your love! How thankful I am for the awesome privilege of being able to come directly into Your throne room and talk with You. I pray for my husband, Lord. I know that You love him far more than I do. He's such a good man. I pray that You will continue to woo his heart - make Your Son irresistible to him. Help me to be a good wife. Help me to show him what loving You looks like. Help me to love him more each day. Enable me to be patient, and kind, affectionate, and attentive. Please place Your hand of blessing on our marriage. Lead us to Your feet - and may we one day worship You together.

I ask these things in the glorious name of Jesus, AMEN.

Peggy said...

Most Holy Father,

I join Sharon in her beautiful prayer
for her and her husband, as I lift them and my own to You! I stand with Sharon as one lifting our husbands to You and all You will do to bring them into the Truth and a close relationship with You!

I come with great burden and a grateful heart. I exalt You and praise You! I know that You are in control. I surrender my control to You that I would not hinder or be an obstacle, but that You would have full reign over me,my home and my household. I am Yours. We are Yours. I commit all to You and seek Your power and compassion.

Thank You for my husband. Thank You that You know and care for him even more than I do. Thank You that You do not desire for anyone to perish but to come to You and surrender to You as Lord. Draw him Lord to acknowledging You, Lord Jesus as his Savior. Give me the strength I need to love him more and pray without ceasing for his salvation.
May I treat him with understanding and respect even when I don't agree. May I remain sensitive to his needs. Help me to care for him
and be grateful for his provision for me. Keep me from worrying about future security. My security lies in You, not my home. Thank You for the phone call home this morning and the chance to tell him "I love him" in lieu of the tsunami alert,I told him "goodbye" and "thank you" also. May I look beyond his flaws and my own and see us as You do.
Surround those that do not know you with Christians that do know You and share You in how they live. Send one person to reach him where I could not... make a break through into whatever is keeping him from knowing You. I ask this in Jesus name... and with great love and praise of who You are to me and how I want him to know You! Bring a light into his darkness and break the stronghold that stand in the way. Deliver us from evil and grant us Your peace, grace and love.

Anonymous said...

Psalm 46

For ALL those affected:

1 God is our refuge and strength,
an ever-present help in trouble.
2 Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way
and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea,
3 though its waters roar and foam
and the mountains quake with their surging.

4 There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God,
the holy place where the Most High dwells.
5 God is within her, she will not fall;
God will help her at break of day.
6 Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall;
he lifts his voice, the earth melts.

7 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

8 Come and see what the LORD has done,
the desolations he has brought on the earth.
9 He makes wars cease
to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
he burns the shields with fire.
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”

11 The LORD Almighty is with us;
the God of Jacob is our fortress.

Anonymous said...

Fret buster #90

I am not sure where it originated, but I recently came across a statement that, many years ago, had worked its way around the body of Christ. I pass it along today as a good reminder for us to keep our trust in the Lord.

“Good morning, this is your Father. I will be taking care of all your problems today, and I will be working all things together for good. I will not need your help. So, have a nice day.”

I am the Lord, the God of all flesh; is there anything too hard for Me? Jeremiah 32:27 AMP

Fret buster #91

God did not give up on you when you didn’t know Him, and He will certainly not give up on you now that you are His.

If God is for us, who can ever be against us? Since He did not spare even His own Son but gave Him up for us all, won’t He also give us everything else? Who dares accuse us whom God has chosen for His own? No one—for God himself has given us right standing with Himself. Romans 8:31-33 NLT

above is from
Roy Lessin, Meet Me in the Meadow,for today

Anonymous said...

Praying for: The Troops

Break Down the Opposition

Scripture: Bless all his skills, O LORD, and be pleased with the work of his hands. Smite the loins of those who rise up against him; strike his foes till they rise no more.” -Deuteronomy 33:11

Prayer: Who among the gods is like you, O LORD? Who is like you– majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders? You are the God of power and might.

Lord, I am asking for Your mighty hand of prevailing power to be with The Troops today. Bless their skills Lord and smite those who rise up against them according to Your word. Break down the spiritual forces that confront them today.

When the enemy comes in one way, Lord, send him fleeing in seven directions. Smite the loins of those spirits that rise up against them, until they rise no more. Show Yourself strong on their behalf today Lord and bring them into the place of victory. In Jesus name, amen.

from Prayer Central, "Praying for the Troops"

It's Time to Pray


TheDanielPrayer_Meme_5

PRAYER for Our Nation

This was shared in an email from the Presidential Prayer Team:

Declaration of Independence Signer

Samuel Chase
George Washington (1732-1799), 1st President of the United States

"Almighty God: We make our earnest prayer that Thou wilt keep the United States in Thy Holy protection; and Thou wilt incline the hearts of the Citizens to cultivate a spirit of subordination and obedience to Government; and to entertain a brotherly affection and love for one another and for their fellow Citizens of the United States at large, and particularly for their brethren who have served in the Field. And finally that Thou wilt most graciously be pleased to dispose us all to do justice, to love mercy, and to demean ourselves with that Charity, humility, and pacific temper of mind which were the Characteristics of the Divine Author of our blessed Religion, and without a humble imitation of whose example in these things we can never hope to be a happy nation. Grant our supplication we beseech Thee, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen." --

This prayer of George Washington appears in St. Paul's Chapel in New York City.

To read MORE go here with Presidential Prayer Team